• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:13 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Models import

Started by GDUBMX, October 29, 2015, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geofanatec on October 30, 2015, 04:09:12 PM
hmm............I dunno. I may do it  :)

All I got it for was messing around with Unity (before MXB released) and got it rigged up and going to some extent, lol. At least could ride around :D

The first person to make a custom bike model gets the bike model section named after them on mxb-central for ever.. How do you like the sound of 'Bike Models - Officially Opened by Geofanatec'.. That's all I have  ;D

Mace-x

There´s no problem in using the model as long as you dont make a profit out of it, the disclaimer is not about making profit with the model but making profit with the kawasaki brand.

You can use that model without the kawasaki logo and sell it in a game, no problem, if you want to use the kawa logo you need kawasaki to approve it.

For a free mod there´s no problem in using either the model or the brand since you´re not making profit out of it.

Perhaps release the model without the kawa logos and let us take care of that  ;D

GDUBMX

Ok this thread has really not panned out how I expected.. its much better hahsha. Man id happily hand over cash for a nice new model of any other brand along with some decent templates.Its a huge undertaking for a complete novice to attempt a decent model, if I were single and childless I would of taken up 3d modelling a long time ago. I guess its the same as anything tho, once you know what your doing and up to speed, it can be done quickly and efficiently.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

rc4187

I'd be happy to model some bikes. Did some quick and dirty ones to see what import process was like. I just haven't figured out how to properly get them in the game yet with the tutorials available. I can get the bike models in... but they don't function very well.

rc4187

November 06, 2015, 12:37:04 AM #20 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:13:07 AM by rc4187
attempt #1 at getting a honda 125 model in the game. wheels don't appear, suspension and steering are static. So I got some reading to do I guess.

Mace-x

Love you rc!  ;D (nohomo xD)

Hope you can get it succesfully ingame, if you do a guide would be super freaking fantastic, i even could try to get my usaberg ingame at some point  :P

rc4187

Progress... really I just have to figure out the cockpit view model now. then I can put a lot of effort into finishing the model.

GDUBMX

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow rc looking good mate! Is it going to be the same spec as one of the msm's?

RiccoChicco

Really cool rc!  8)

About the cockpit view, what kind of informations are you looking for?  :)

rc4187

Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 06, 2015, 12:18:31 PM
Really cool rc!  8)

About the cockpit view, what kind of informations are you looking for?  :)

I think I know what to do. I just had to walk away from it for a bit. It's all been a process of trial and error since. Even once I have cockpit view done... I should probably create LOD models as well. Also... I have no idea how they got theirs all packed up into one .edf. I had to do chassis, lower fork tubes, upper forks plus steering, swing arm all as separate .edfs to get it working.

FatController: so far it's just using existing engine file and sounds from the 250. My suspension distance, seat height and wheel base are slightly different so it does handle a bit differently, but not in a bad way. I will create a new engine for it... or if someone wants to make one with a 125 2 stroke curve that'd be cool as well.

rc4187

November 08, 2015, 03:28:58 AM #27 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:33:42 AM by rc4187
Cockpit works. Some updated textures. No engine modification or new sounds for 2 stroke yet. I did set suspension settings and center of mass and what not in the bike editor and it definitely handles differently than the stock game bikes. Cornering and going through the bumps seems easier, but getting of axis in the air is a bit harder to bring back. I'm afraid there's a lot to learn still, though. I don't know how to make the bike dirty for one.

GDUBMX

Well done RC, this is so cool to see. Dude ill hit you up on steam when it's done and throw you some cash via PayPal. This game needs more content and I'll be happy to pay for it.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's looking good RC! Great to see it in game like that.