• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:12:06 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Race Tests

Started by teeds, March 04, 2016, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Great job teeds, is there actually a rider stats page like the mx sim one? Like this
http://www.mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/8070/
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

This http://stats.mx-bikes.com/stats.php and this http://stats.mx-bikes.com/records.php  The track records have not worked since B4 though but the stats page works again after being reset. Not quite the same I think its fair to say.

;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Joe

Weird I don't show up on the stats page. I know I registered way back when.

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

teeds

The stats list only shows riders that have earned points in races Joe, best you get some racing done ;)

GDUBMX

Thanks teeds, certainly ain't a patch on mxsims stats but its cool.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Vortex_Damien

Going to look into that later, let me know how the bandwith and all that stuff works out tho teeds.. interested to see what we all can do to get online a little smoother. i pop in here and there in the servers.. always love seeing 15+ people in a server.. gets me pumped for the future of this game

teeds

March 08, 2016, 05:47:19 PM #21 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:25:53 PM by teeds
Lowering the bandwidth made no difference I could detect so it's back to max now and unfortunately deformation seems to cause regular crashes for random unlucky individuals as before.

If anyone's racing anytime soon online, please try and select a start gate before you go race and see if you get what you asked for. I've tried it many times and sometimes get what I asked for, sometimes it's the adjacent gate and sometimes get what seems to be a random gate? Should this work Pibs?

So as things stand, I see no reason why we can't have a try at organised races, we can learn more this way I feel.

:)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Every time I select gate 1 I end up on a random but have not tried anything other than 1 :D

-aGy-

200 ping max on server settings. i have 50-100 ping and i use 150mbit connection so should be enough

teeds

Had a play with ping limits as a way of warning people of their excessive ping. Trouble when someone hits the limit they don't get a warning or kicked, but banned. A bit harsh I think and makes me not want to use it.

Piboso any chance this can be toned down to just kick for ping limit breaks please? If bans are needed as a last resort for some reason they should be manually imposed I feel.

teeds

In which session did you make the gate pick Geo?

teeds

But when you raced did you pick the gate just before you went to the race, in the practice session or?

I'm curious because if we don't use qualifying because we can't have fastest picks 1st and go instead for random gates, some might be sneaky and figure out if they pick a gate and no else does they can get an advantage. Just need to know where we stand with this really.

BadStar

I seem to run smooth online..

I would say as a "temporary" fix to lag, disable collision.  I know that's not as fun but if you have someone rubber band wreck you..that's a sad moment.

I'm always down for racing and testing. Sadly being in the u.s. I think I am waking up in most of your afternoon/evenings lol
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

teeds

Looks we will have to accept some odd resets in and around the start funnels. I've posted about 2 tracks that put you back in the pits if you crash near the start. With some tracks it's not a big deal but for others it might be very consequential.

teeds

March 16, 2016, 03:43:26 PM #29 Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:46:13 PM by teeds
Also worth noting that when sitting on the gate during the 2 min start time, as long as the 15 second board has not shown riders can go back to pits without penalty. Handy to know if gates are picked in the wrong order or you forgot to load your setup ;)