• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Please Piboso, need an indicator for standing and sitting

Started by davidboda46, March 06, 2016, 12:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Right now it is very hard to know in 1st person if you are standing or sitting on the bike. A small indicator icon would really help. Maybe Max (MaxHud) could work something out if he had the data from you to do it?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

Quote from: geofanatec on March 06, 2016, 12:51:22 AM
Or just select the direct option for sitting and anytime you are pressing the button you know your sitting. If not, then your not

I would, but my custom controller is made in a way that it is very hard to keep holding a button and steering/using clutch at the same time. I do have an analog thumb button on the left side, and it has a button feature, much easier to just press once for sit/stand than holding it.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

I think the indicator makes sense, just like the gear indicator (actually, even a bit more I'd say).
Direct option doesn't sound as a solution to the problem.

davidboda46

Quote from: geofanatec on March 06, 2016, 07:15:15 PM
Just me, but I can't stand the toggle because I forget to press it to stand back up, lol. Love the direct option for this.

I have X for sit, and use square and O for down/upshift.

Puts it in good place where I can shift while sitting by rolling thumb over gears. If that makes any sense.

Hmm.....maybe u have too much mapped on custom controller?

I use right stick for rider movements, BUT I use auto rider movements. This way I only need to manually use it when needed.

So, basically my right thumb is mainly on x, o, square, lol.

Mine is a bit different... :)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3056.0

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Haha.. I remember seeing this, my favorite part was the lampshade :D

BadStar

I turn off hud completely in most games bc I like the immersion.. I only ride in 1st person and can easily see that I am seated or standing. The handlebars are considerably closer when seated and it becomes easy to know the more I play.

Sit and stand a few times to familiarize with the animation.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

davidboda46

Quote from: BadStar on March 07, 2016, 03:56:15 AM
I turn off hud completely in most games bc I like the immersion.. I only ride in 1st person and can easily see that I am seated or standing. The handlebars are considerably closer when seated and it becomes easy to know the more I play.

Sit and stand a few times to familiarize with the animation.

It's not always possible to see the handlebar. It depends on field of view setting, manual rider f/b lean and if you are turning or not. It can also be hard to see when the bike is moving a lot going over a series of bumps for example. I think an hud indicator (that can be turned on or off depending on your personal preference) is an easy solution.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   

74med |GHOST