• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:37:47 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Example Track Released

Started by Snappe, April 18, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

Okay. So I'm trying to run the map.bat but it keeps bringing up Terrained.exe has stopped working and it crashes....

onlyonetone

I'm starting to figure it out. I just don't understand how to texture. I got my heightmap to work in mapview. It took me awhile to scale it right.

MotoX745

same here, got my heightmap to work but still messing around with scale and i tried to do the mask and stuff and now it crashes my mapview when i try to open it not sure what the issue is?

AWood

put it in sim running the scale provided. running 50 seconds. would need to be WAY upscaled to "work" in sim how it should ride

onlyonetone

Quote from: MotoX745 on April 23, 2014, 09:47:01 AM
same here, got my heightmap to work but still messing around with scale and i tried to do the mask and stuff and now it crashes my mapview when i try to open it not sure what the issue is?

My mapview randomly decided to start working. No idea why. But I can't figure out masking either. My track is just white in mapview.

Snappe

I've updated the docs a bit.
Also there is a section on Masks.

Quote from: bearded4glory on April 23, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
This track will have no sky, you need to add a sky for each condition and regenerate the .bat files (both or just map?)

You don't need to re-generate anything for skies or backgrounds, just make sure the files are in the same directory as the .map

RiccoChicco

Ruubs

April 23, 2014, 06:04:05 PM #82 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:23:36 PM by Sandbiter
Snappe or Piboso, can we please get a undo and redo button for tracked? I've ruined my center line like 10 times already at the last segment.

And can you tell me how the race data works? I can't seem to find how to place the startgates and pits outside the centerline (like on the example track).

Snappe

April 23, 2014, 06:23:35 PM #83 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:25:47 PM by Snappe
Quote from: Sandbiter on April 23, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
I've ruined my center line like 10 times already at the last segment.

How? My advice would be to save it as you go. Centerline > Save As

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/TrackEd#Centerline

To place pits / startgates outside the centerline you need to make sure absolute placement radio button is selected.

Ruubs

April 23, 2014, 06:24:28 PM #84 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:27:27 PM by Sandbiter
Thanks, that'll help I guess! I've no idea how I ruined it either, but I did :-[.

Btw. I just modified my post, not sure if you've seen it yet.

And can you tell me how the race data works? I can't seem to find how to place the startgates and pits outside the centerline (like on the example track).

I guess I just figured that out too. Had to use 'Grid' instead of Start/Finish line coordinates.

ChrisK

how do u guys know how height and long the jumps need to be, u cant test it......

so is it a good idea to make tracks without the game?

Ruubs

Quote from: ChrisK on April 23, 2014, 06:40:07 PM
how do u guys know how height and long the jumps need to be, u cant test it......

so is it a good idea to make tracks without the game?
I'm just trying to figure out how things work for this game, it'd be a bummer if I don't like the game, since I'm doing all this for nothing, but I guess I'll like it so ye, why not trying things out already?

The AX track I'm testing everything with ATM isn't a track with a lot of jumps, so it'll most likely work in 75% of the mx games out there. I hope the bikes in mx-bikes can turn sharp tho, otherwise this track will be a pain in the ass since it isn't very wide.

ChrisK

April 23, 2014, 08:34:34 PM #87 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:36:59 PM by ChrisK
ups wrong thread

onlyonetone

Hey sandbiter. This may be to much to ask for. I understand masks a little bit but can't figure it out in ps. Could you noob it up and maybe post a screen of how you're setting it up in ps. Channels, alpha, what brushes, and how you're saving/exporting it. I would love you forever. The masking tutorial on Adobe helped a little bit but I don't understand how to do it with a track.

Ruubs

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 23, 2014, 08:35:35 PM
Hey sandbiter. This may be to much to ask for. I understand masks a little bit but can't figure it out in ps. Could you noob it up and maybe post a screen of how you're setting it up in ps. Channels, alpha, what brushes, and how you're saving/exporting it. I would love you forever. The masking tutorial on Adobe helped a little bit but I don't understand how to do it with a track.
It actually doesn't matter what brushes you use, you just need to make sure you use full white and full black on the mask. I'll try to explain it as good as I can.

NOTE Image mode must be RGB, 8 bits!!!
-Open a new file, size 1024, 2048 or 4096.
-Make the background layer FULL black.
-Open a new layer, take a brush, white colour and brush.
-When you have what you want, you merge all the layers in one. Hit ctrl + A to select everything and ctrl + C to copy what you selected.
-Go into the channels panel and select RGB, then hit ctrl + V to paste what you copied before.
-Boom you have your alpha channel.
-Select Alpha 1 in the channels panel and then go to File, save as, name it the same as your texture but add _mask after it, chose targa (TGA) for your extention and click save.