• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:09:54 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rim stiffness

Started by Phathry25, March 12, 2016, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

It would seem to me the game isn't simulating a rim, just a large rubber tire.  On hard landings you can watch the tire compress much further than the rim/tire should allow.  Is this a slow ground collision detection, or is the rim missing?

Anywho, the result is the crazy bounces we see when not landing jumps perfectly, either coming up short or going long.

GDUBMX

Very well spotted mate.  I always suspected  there was something else at play besides crap suspension tuning from me haha.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Interested to hear the official word on this one..

HornetMaX

@Phatry25: not sure I get it: do you mean you would like to have rim deformation simulated ? Or are you simply saying that on hard landings you see the tyre flattening too much ?

Also I'm not sure I see how you can state that this specific issue is responsible of the crazy bounces ... it could be, but it could also come from many things.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 12, 2016, 07:34:24 AM
It would seem to me the game isn't simulating a rim, just a large rubber tire.  On hard landings you can watch the tire compress much further than the rim/tire should allow.  Is this a slow ground collision detection, or is the rim missing?

Anywho, the result is the crazy bounces we see when not landing jumps perfectly, either coming up short or going long.

The rim stiffness is simulated.
However, maybe something is wrong with it.
Thank you for the report.