• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SuperMoto Track Building

Started by bearded4glory, March 12, 2016, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

Quote from: bearded4glory on March 15, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
No Max>FBX>FBXtoEDF
Its fine after I started checking recalculate normals.

Thanks, it seems there is a problem with normals conversion using fbx2edf. We shall investigate!

bearded4glory

Quote from: Snappe on March 16, 2016, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: bearded4glory on March 15, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
No Max>FBX>FBXtoEDF
Its fine after I started checking recalculate normals.

Thanks, it seems there is a problem with normals conversion using fbx2edf. We shall investigate!

Is there any situation where you wouldn't recalculate normals? Is there any way to default to it on?

bearded4glory

WIP

https://www.youtube.com/v/8DM1UY-Duwk#t=26

Quality should come up, I just uploaded it.

teeds

Looking very good. I got lost watching, hope we'll get lots of indication about which way to turn lol  ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Niko Mouk

Question, you have tearoff projection while riding on the aspahlt, is there any way to remove it at the track creation phase ?

Maybe you can try this norm, the video quality isn't awesome but the asphalt seems a bit too smooth : link
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Mace-x

bearded4glory

Quote from: teeds on March 17, 2016, 10:08:19 AM
Looking very good. I got lost watching, hope we'll get lots of indication about which way to turn lol  ;D

There will be some cones, don't worry.

Quote from: Niko Mouk on March 17, 2016, 11:49:09 AM
Question, you have tearoff projection while riding on the aspahlt, is there any way to remove it at the track creation phase ?

Maybe you can try this norm, the video quality isn't awesome but the asphalt seems a bit too smooth : link

It looks really good in game, the video quality sucks, need to work on that.  I'm not sure about the tear off thing, I was wondering the same thing.

Snappe

Quote from: bearded4glory on March 17, 2016, 03:05:43 PM
There will be some cones, don't worry.

By the way, you can create different layouts of a single map file by using the layout editor in TrackEd:

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/TrackEd#Add_Objects_to_block_off_alternate_layout_routes

.tail

hi,

i'm working on a SM track too,  can you explain me how u do the asphalt section???

bearded4glory

Quote from: .tail on March 25, 2016, 10:17:48 AM
hi,

i'm working on a SM track too,  can you explain me how u do the asphalt section???

I modeled it and then imported it into the game.  What part are you curious about?  The modeling part?

.tail

Quote from: bearded4glory on March 30, 2016, 04:48:09 AM
Quote from: .tail on March 25, 2016, 10:17:48 AM
hi,

I modeled it and then imported it into the game.  What part are you curious about?  The modeling part?

yep how u model it and the curb.

And also where define the grip value.

many thanks