• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:03:08 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TM 450sm

Started by Dan, March 18, 2016, 08:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

GDUBMX

Great skin Dan, please make use of www.mxb-central.com as its the best place for all MX Bikes content.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on March 18, 2016, 11:05:13 PM
Great skin Dan, please make use of www.mxb-central.com as its the best place for all MX Bikes content.
I don't dislike MXB-C overall, but the download is a pain: it's rather slow and you can have only one download at a time.
last time I was downloading I wasn't even able to access any other MXB-C page while the download was in progress.

For GPB, we live quite well with Mega (for tracks, bikes, paints etc).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

In all the time the sites been up I've never noticed, and I think this is the first time anyone has pointed it out!...

Thanks, I'll look into it.. It definitely shouldn't restrict you to staying on the page you were looking at while download is in progress.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 19, 2016, 01:33:21 AM
Thanks, I'll look into it.. It definitely shouldn't restrict you to staying on the page you were looking at while download is in progress.
It doesn't explicitly restricts you, but if the download is in progress, the new page won't load. It could indeed be a setting somewhere in the server.

GDUBMX

March 19, 2016, 10:07:16 AM #5 Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:23:15 AM by gdubmx
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 18, 2016, 11:55:47 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on March 18, 2016, 11:05:13 PM
I don't dislike MXB-C overall, but the download is a pain: it's rather slow and you can have only one download at a time.
last time I was downloading I wasn't even able to access any other MXB-C page while the download was in progress.

For GPB, we live quite well with Mega (for tracks, bikes, paints etc).
thats cool Max and we appreciate you guys have your own way of handling downloads but imo the gpb way isn't very organized nor does it look good at all. last time i checked it was just a page with text and just names. no pictures at all, i like to see what im downloading before i download it. at least with our site you only need one site and can see right away. im sure its a great system but for me personally i think this way is better, and hey this is mx bikes not gp bikes so its cool :) no disrespect to whoever had the idea for that system over on gpb I just think this looks and works better.

HornetMaX

Sure sure, not trying to impose anything on you. It's just that overall, sites like Mega are more easily reachable and have better download speeds (globally, not just for a particular location).
You could also run into troubles for large downloads and a lot of requests (we've seen this happen in the past).

For GPB we also have (at least for bikes, not for tracks yet) and FTP service to which you can automatically sync with something like Syncback (free). Very handy.

Ruubs

Look cool Dan!
I've some tips for you though, if you don't mind.

It looks like you've copy pasted the skins, haven't you?
By that I mean that you found graphics on google, cut them out, copied them on the mx bikes template and then saved it. At least it looks like that because of the resolution and colors.

I suggest trying to make it all yourself. Off course you could use those as a reference. But try to use the pen tool and 'paint' your own graphics that way. It'll look way better!

If you need any help, just pm me. I can help you out if you want.

I could be wrong. And I suck at explaining. I just want to help :(

Dan

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 21, 2016, 09:38:52 PM
It looks like you've copy pasted the skins, haven't you?
I could be wrong. And I suck at explaining. I just want to help :(

Yes, for stickers, it is more realistic, white paint, black and blue, and part frame and engine, I painted

GDUBMX

Sandbiter are you referring to using downloaded logo vectors? If so, when I make  my skins I find high resolution logos and paste them onto the template, I only create shapes of the base skin by hand,once I'm happy with them I then add logos.  I didn't realise this was the "wrong" way or was frowned upon? It would literally take months for me to create a full skin by individually creating each logo by hand haha. :) I guess I like my skins fast and dirty,  and I guess that's why your such a perfectionist and only given us one track :) I'm gonna sit down though and spend a few days creating the logos from scratch to see how they turn out.  Cheers for the tip 😀

Ruubs

March 22, 2016, 09:47:56 AM #10 Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:22:17 AM by Sandbiter
I'm glad people are making skins. I just want to help them improve their work. I'm not trying to be a dick.

It looked like some of Dan's skins were copy pasted, and I wanted to give him some feedback so he'll be a master at making skins.

Sure you could copy and paste logo's, but be sure they're a good resolution (the best is vector logos). When I skinned one of my models for MX Simulator I 'painted' my own logo, which looked way better than anything that I found on Google.

Yes, I am a perfectionist. That's the reason why I never release anything. My achview track sucked as well. I had to release it though, because a friend of mine (Kamloops) made most of the models for that track.

Here's something I was working on before Mx Bikes even was released. Someone else released the same skin before I finished mine tho, so I quit working on it. I've also made some skins for Mx Simulator.
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=137.0

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah, it's very rare I've had to re-create a logo.. Have only had to if I couldn't find what I was looking for large enough. I like a bit of wiggle room so I can rotate things then scale down so I don't loose too much quality from the rotate 8)