• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:07 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Ended topic

Started by CSchmied986, April 04, 2016, 06:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 04, 2016, 11:44:11 PM
Originally the textures were 4096 but the Pak files were almost 20mb each and I was afraid it would slow people's computers too much. :-\

You'll have to do different packs. one with the bike and his stock graphics, and then a pack for each team's paint. But i tried, this is definetlly better in 4096x4096.

CSchmied986

Ya ill probably switch them back to 4096 and people lag with that they can unpack and re size the TGA's

StoneRider

i think the geom is fine with the rake angle to 26 and the mud layers are on the way

CSchmied986

Now i just need to figure out how to install the mud layers. Oh and all of the bike pak files did have the norm.

Paradox28

the 250 is great to ride...feels like I can actually charge the track on it even with a default setup vs. the stock MSM 250.

Wedgewood

Quote from: wedgewood on April 04, 2016, 08:43:53 PM
I've only ridden the 250 so far but it's an awesome bike with tons of power.  Really stable in flat turns but I can't seem to get it to ride a berm on the bowl turns.  Can't wait to see the updated model.  Great job, Motostar, keep up the good work.

I realize now that I wasn't able to hold on through the bowl turns because of a bug with "testing" and not any fault of this bike.  I tried the bike again today online and didn't have any handling problems, as a matter of fact it rode amazing.  For some reason when I play on "testing" I get almost no traction and the game stutters and lags.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

wedgewood, is that because you have deformation enabled in testing? If so, and you're playing any of my tracks, the texture layers aren't set up for deformation meaning you won't see a change. Try hitting 'Reset Track'.

I don't run deformation locally as it's not available online which is what my content is currently designed for.

Yamaha285

Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 06, 2016, 02:34:03 AM
Kawi is coming again

New mud files??
Chris was telling me something like that but is there more changes?

Wedgewood

Fats I did turn deformation off but didn't reset the track afterwards, maybe I'll try that to see if it helps.

pacopastor34

New mud layers made by StoneRider and double size textures. Corrected normal map and stock graphics by default. And I removed handguards.

StoneRider

Yamaha285

Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 06, 2016, 03:05:51 AM
New mud layers made by StoneRider and double size textures. Corrected normal map and stock graphics by default. And I removed handguards.

Awesome thank you. I know Chris loved them handguards but i was not so much set on them. Thank you for helping him out on this.

Quote from: StoneRider on April 06, 2016, 03:35:39 AM
and some modifications to the geom file :)

Sweet. Bike rides amazing as it was. Thanks for all your work on this as well man we appreciate it from both of you guys!

DudeeliteMX

why is this topic ended? i want the skin ! :D where is download link?