• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:08:09 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on November 15, 2015, 01:34:12 AM
Me.. Again.. Sorry lol.

Is it possible to use more than one prefix when doing objects? I would test but don't have a lot of free time currently.

For example: SHAD_WLLCONC_wall1

Yes, it is possible, for example:
INVISIBLEWLLCONC

"SHAD_WLL" is redundant, because walls automatically receive shadows.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Of course they do, I knew that..  ::)

Thanks!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Regarding the sounds, I have one working in game but it's very quiet..

numsources = 1
source0
{
     data = monotest.wav
     pos = 243,10,2
     mindistance = 20
}

Is there any way to increase the level when near the position? Audio file is mastered..

MUD

I'm having some problems with textures

From what I can tell 'in-game' the .TGA is limited to 5 bits? This is only per texture, and not for all of them combined?

Is it possible to lay down a base repeating texture for the dirt, then apply a mask over it that lightens up the jump peaks, then apply a mask over that that darkens the drawn in tire tracks?

Ruubs

I'm having some trouble with a startgate I made. It looks likes the faces are flipped, but when I flip them before export they're even more flipped in game.

In 3ds max the faces are all right, but it looks weird in Mx Bikes.
Does anyone know what is going on right here?

Top image is how it should look.
Bottom image is how it looks in game.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 10, 2015, 02:30:00 PM
I'm having some trouble with a startgate I made. It looks likes the faces are flipped, but when I flip them before export they're even more flipped in game.

In 3ds max the faces are all right, but it looks weird in Mx Bikes.
Does anyone know what is going on right here?

Top image is how it should look.
Bottom image is how it looks in game.

Please make sure that there is no alpha channel in the diffuse texture.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on December 10, 2015, 03:08:54 PM
::)

Been a while since I done anything with tracks, but when using Blender I think I had to click "recalculate" on the normals in fbx2edf

Not sure if that was just it though. Would have to watch the blender tutorial again

Thanks for the reply geo!
Unfortunately I already did this, so this wasn't the problem.

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 10, 2015, 04:47:28 PM

Please make sure that there is no alpha channel in the diffuse texture.
Thanks Piboso!
That was the problem. It looks fine now.

Could you tell me how the normal maps work (I'm too lazy to try inverting each channel separately and start the game each time)? Do I need to invert the red, green or blue channel when baking a norm from 3ds max, or is it good to go right after it's been baked?

(In Mx Simulator you've to invert one specific channel.. I always forget which one tho  ;D)

Snappe

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 10, 2015, 04:56:08 PM
Do I need to invert the red, green or blue channel when baking a norm from 3ds max, or is it good to go right after it's been baked?

You might have to invert the green channel.

Ruubs

Quote from: Snappe on December 10, 2015, 05:01:21 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 10, 2015, 04:56:08 PM
Do I need to invert the red, green or blue channel when baking a norm from 3ds max, or is it good to go right after it's been baked?

You might have to invert the green channel.
Thanks Snappe!

Ruubs

I'm having some trouble with objects. I can't get any collisions to work.
I've tried everything I could think of, even though it's probably just something stupid that I'm doing wrong.

I've added WLLCONC to the name of the object, the material etc.. but nothing works.
I'm using 3d studio max 2013 x64.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry Sandbiter, in SketchUp you just change the entity name (entity being the top level of the model i.e everything)..

Perhaps Snappe or PiBoSo can help?

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on December 22, 2015, 11:00:53 AM
Sorry Sandbiter, in SketchUp you just change the entity name (entity being the top level of the model i.e everything)..

Perhaps Snappe or PiBoSo can help?

No problem TheFatController.

Yes I hope Snappe or PiBoSo knows, or maybe someone from GP-Bikes or KRP?

RiccoChicco

@Sandbiter

Could you screen your 3ds max with one of the object where collision doesn't work? Only the naming in the scene is supposed to change the collision of an object.

Be sure to have the "WLLCONC" as prefix, for example "WLLCONC_concretewall1".

About the tool mentionned by Geo, it's very useful for big scenes (I rename sometimes more than 100 objects with it at the same time). Just be careful on the box you tick  ;D

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on December 24, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
As stated never used it, but maybe this could help?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-3B9AA8A8-4E26-4F15-BC6D-2B4C028C5859-htm.html

Thanks Geo!
I already did this tho, didn't work.

Quote from: RiccoChicco on December 25, 2015, 01:10:21 AM
@Sandbiter

Could you screen your 3ds max with one of the object where collision doesn't work? Only the naming in the scene is supposed to change the collision of an object.

Be sure to have the "WLLCONC" as prefix, for example "WLLCONC_concretewall1".

About the tool mentionned by Geo, it's very useful for big scenes (I rename sometimes more than 100 objects with it at the same time). Just be careful on the box you tick  ;D

Thanks RiccoChicco!
Here is an image of my object in 3ds max with its name on the right.
https://gyazo.com/b24d18a9c63e5a17350c490ca778e5a6

I tried to put it in game once again, but now my game even crashes.. Don't know wtf I'm doing wrong.

Vortex_Damien

Got a quick question, can we have animated objects? aswell as possible have them effected by the wind settings in game?