• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:22:30 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK one more..

Is there any reason why I'm getting extremely dark shadows? I can't seem to lighten them up. params.ini is fine, the .amb is the same as I've used in the past, but some objects just have almost black shadows.

Anyone encountered anything like this before? Every object you see pictured has the WLLCONC prefix. Nothing else.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry I know there are register track instructions but I'm confused about one thing..

All I've changed is the .RDF and the Marshals file so no new track code. Can I use the same track code to re-register?

I've tried running trh.bat but it gives me the same track code I already had.

Snappe

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 12:42:09 PM
All I've changed is the .RDF and the Marshals file so no new track code. Can I use the same track code to re-register?

If you haven't changed the trh file, then you should be able to use the same code.

Quote from: TheFatController on March 27, 2016, 03:04:44 AM
Is there any reason why I'm getting extremely dark shadows? I can't seem to lighten them up. params.ini is fine, the .amb is the same as I've used in the past, but some objects just have almost black shadows.

I think I've noticed this problem too, it only happens on some objects. Not sure what is causing it yet.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Snappe.

As for the amb problem, it was working fine until one compile when I got in game and noticed it was dark. Weirdly I borrowed the .amb file from one of RC's tracks and everything started showing up normally again. Comparing the two I couldn't see any differences in settings but it's entirely possible I could have missed something.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh maybe I should have asked this before..

When I re-register, can I change the track name from v1.2 to 1.3?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 02:35:24 PM
Oh maybe I should have asked this before..

When I re-register, can I change the track name from v1.2 to 1.3?

Yes.
Even using the same code to reset the race data, it's also possible to change the track name.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK Thanks PiB :)

I've registered MXBC Compound v1.3 but MXBC Compound v1.2 still shows, if you could remove it that would be fantastic. Thanks again!

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 04:17:36 PM
OK Thanks PiB :)

I've registered MXBC Compound v1.3 but MXBC Compound v1.2 still shows, if you could remove it that would be fantastic. Thanks again!

Done.
In theory the track ID should be fixed, for example "MXBC Compound", and the version could be in the name.

Niko Mouk

I've a question I can't find the answer in the wiki, how's the background.edf build ?
I did a squared textured planed in sketchup and converted it in fbx then edf like the skydome, the dome is working but the background is all white.
A second question, could be the dome a full sphere instead of having a 1/2 sphere + background ?
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Niko, the background.edf works exactly the same as clearsky.edf does.. Not sure why it's not working for you..

Either way, you might want to just include your background object in your skydome. It renders at the same distance anyway, so you really won't notice any difference.

I also found recently that background.edf is cast under a slight shadow, whereas if you just include the contents of your background.edf model in your clearsky.edf you get the same effect with no shadow on your background part.

Niko Mouk

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 11:49:57 PMIt renders at the same distance anyway

So you dtick the dome to a plane like this ? :

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've never used a ground plane, just a hollow dome, but I don't see why you can't. Just make sure the plane sits under the origin so it doesn't interfere with the track.

Niko Mouk

April 02, 2016, 12:21:48 AM #177 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:25:01 AM by Niko Mouk
Ok this is definitly a hard system to get something working  :(

Here is my background (inverted dome) with fog density=0. How do you get something clear ? Is there any parameter you can add under the background in the ambient file ?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

what is that shadow, is that an object?

Niko Mouk

No, that's what I dont understand. I have a dome for the sky and an inverted dome for the ground.

I tried with a hollow sphere as you said but I have a graphic issue when projecting the texture as you can see on the screenshot below.

I learnd you can click on a hidden geometry to make a unique texture then copy/paste it but when I export I get JPG for these tiles and even converting these JPG to TGA and edit the dae file it doesn't work. I have white squares where I change the tiles... That's crazy I spent more than 10 hours on a sky.