• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:17 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

Anyone have any bales that I could use? Full credit of course.

PiBoSo

Quote from: geofanatec on May 01, 2014, 03:40:14 PM
Sorry, full of questions I guess.

Anyone know if the gate.edf that came with example track is functional? Like will it go up and down?

I put it in the track and looks good, just don't know if it will do anything or just be a static model

It works.
The requirements for a gate to work correctly are:
1) have an object called "bar"
2) have the "bar" pivot in the correct position and the X axis pointing right
3) the object "bar" must be down

onlyonetone

I have a random question for someone who is good with heightmaps. Say I make a nice jump and I want to re use it. Every time i copy and paste it there's a raised square around the jump. So my question is. How do I copy a jump with out it having the raised square it?

Motoboss

Quote from: onlyonetone on May 01, 2014, 11:52:59 PM
I have a random question for someone who is good with heightmaps. Say I make a nice jump and I want to re use it. Every time i copy and paste it there's a raised square around the jump. So my question is. How do I copy a jump with out it having the raised square it?
Set the layer to screen....
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: onlyonetone on May 01, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

Yeh like motoboss says use screen layer, also make sure your taking your jump from an area that is pure black at the base i.e 0 0 0, and selection tool is not feathered

Ruubs

I've asked this already, but haven't gotten an answer, I'd love to get it tho :D .

Snappe/Piboso, may I know why we aren't able to make LODs for track objects, I guess you've a good reason for that since LODs are kinda a must IMO.
Also, may there is a bug in the norms for track objects, or we are doing something really wrong?

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 03, 2014, 05:49:10 PM
Better yet, how do you get the background.edf to work?
I got it working on my AX track, not sure how though, since I can't get it to work on my other track.

Ruubs

May 03, 2014, 06:31:28 PM #37 Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:33:18 PM by Sandbiter
Quote from: geofanatec on May 03, 2014, 06:21:21 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 03, 2014, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: geofanatec on May 03, 2014, 05:49:10 PM
Better yet, how do you get the background.edf to work?
I got it working on my AX track, not sure how though, since I can't get it to work on my other track.

Duh, they updated mapviewer! helps to have updated version, lol
Well, mine still doesn't work. I guess I got a little thing wrong, not major.

---

Nevermind, I got it. I named the track.amb wrong.

onlyonetone

I'm still getting raised squares around jumps that I copy and paste. Super annoying.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Use the colour picker around where you think the raised square is, is it anything other than pure black? If you do this before every step you can find out whats causing it

al167

May 07, 2014, 11:55:44 AM #40 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:08:54 PM by al167
Quote from: onlyonetone on May 07, 2014, 08:36:44 AM
I'm still getting raised squares around jumps that I copy and paste. Super annoying.
In photoshop i use the levels slider and adjust it so it matches exactly. image,adjustments, levels. or you can just make your jumps white that fade out.
these tutorials I made are for reflex but will work very well for mxb as reflex uses mask maps also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAL-xxsajf8
good luck!

Ruubs

May 24, 2014, 04:21:02 PM #41 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:38:38 PM by Sandbiter
I've a couple of questions which I'd like to know.

1. Is there a bug with normal maps/specular maps on objects? Geo, Bearded and I neither can get anything to work.
2. Why aren't there LODs for objects? It's actually a must for me, since you can make a lot nicer environments.
3. Are we able to use 'billboards' on our tracks? E.g. a 2d tree textures which rotates together with the camera. I've got a great idea for my WNYOA track but I need billboards for that, otherwise it'll lagg like hell.
4. Is there a maximum polygon count for track objects? What is the maximum you can go up to objects wise?

Ruubs

So I finnaly got the normal maps to work, but I've some weird problems with alpha channels now. It looks like I'm not able to use normal maps and alpha channels at the same time.

This is a simple cube with a green diffuse map on it and some black spots on the alpha channel. The settings I used for exporting FBX2EDF are 'Normals on recalculate and angle at 90'. Now the normal map works, but I see the other cubes behind the cube, which shouldn't be the case in some spots.

When I use the same cube with the same diffuse, alpha channel and normal map and select 'recalculate' without the angle settings, I get the same results as the picture above.

But when I use the same stuff with Normals settings on 'Flat shading' it looks like it doesn't have any normal map added on the object and the lighting looks weird overall. It looks like the look-through problem doesn't appear though.

When I use the same stuff without any Normals settings it looks exactly like the above one (Normals settings on 'Flat shading'.

Could anyone tell me what's going on here? I've been searching at the GP-bikes and Kart racing pro forums. But I couldn't find the information that I needed. It'd be great if someone from GP-bikes or Kart racing pro could help me out, since I don't think Piboso has a hell lot of time to explain everything I do wrong.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on July 10, 2014, 06:59:29 PM
So I finnaly got the normal maps to work, but I've some weird problems with alpha channels now. It looks like I'm not able to use normal maps and alpha channels at the same time.

This is a simple cube with a green diffuse map on it and some black spots on the alpha channel. The settings I used for exporting FBX2EDF are 'Normals on recalculate and angle at 90'. Now the normal map works, but I see the other cubes behind the cube, which shouldn't be the case in some spots.

Please try adding the CK_ prefix to the diffuse texture name, to force alpha test.

Ruubs

First of all, sorry for my stupidity. I just found out theres a track creation rules page for KRP and GPB where all this information is listed.

Thanks for helping me out once again, you're the man!