• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:56:52 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 25, 2016, 11:54:11 AM #105 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:55:44 AM by TheFatController
Yup paco, the front cable top half is part of the steering and the bottom half is part of the front suspension, I've tried to make it as straight as possible so it hopefully doesn't stick out when it compresses!

Also, the throttle cable runs all the way down to the carb and again the part from the throttle to the stem is part of the steering and everything else is part of the chassis. This will be the same for the rear brake cable.

I can't wait to skin it too! Not overly fussed about making new two stroke sounds, I tried before doing some for RC and they were met with laughter haha (not from RC, I think he was grateful, but the community in general and I can't blame them too much). I actually come from a recording, sound editing and music production background and had a very hard time trying to get something to sound realistic. It was such a painful process I'd much rather use stock sounds for now in the hope that they will change over time.

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 25, 2016, 11:54:11 AM
Yup paco, the front cable top half is part of the steering and the bottom half is part of the front suspension, I've tried to make it as straight as possible so it hopefully doesn't stick out when it compresses!

Also, the throttle cable runs all the way down to the carb and again the part from the throttle to the stem is part of the steering and everything else is part of the chassis. This will be the same for the rear brake cable.

I can't wait to skin it too! Not overly fussed about making new two stroke sounds, I tried before doing some for RC and they were met with laughter haha (not from RC, I think he was grateful, but the community in general and I can't blame them too much). I actually come from a recording, sound editing and music production background and had a very hard time trying to get something to sound realistic. It was such a painful process I'd much rather use stock sounds for now in the hope that they will change over time.
Perfect. About the sounds I'm coming from the music production and sound editing. More than 10 years making music. It's quite hard to loop bike sounds and adjust them for the pitch up/down system. A lot of harder than the 4 stroke sounds. The easy one is the idle sound haha. The rest are very difficult. I can't imagine how fun should be ride with a good 2 stroke sound. 

𝖙𝖋𝖈

And the high poly is just about finished!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks! Currently sits at 1.4 million tri's.

After taking off sub surf and removing doubles I was able to get it down to 80k so now just need to manually clean it up a bit.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

PizzaChet

Quote from: TheFatController on June 24, 2016, 07:10:35 PM
Better?
Sorry mang. They look perfect now! Laughed at "protein". Been pretty busy cuz I just got married again yesterday and am packing for honeymoon waiting for laundry to dry. lol. Amazing progress rate, mate.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks man, have a good honeymoon!

Braap570

pacopastor34

Great work mate! Just photoshop work left!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks.. Dunno about that though, still have a lot of unwrapping left to do, then gimp, then all the bikeed stuff..

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 27, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Thanks.. Dunno about that though, still have a lot of unwrapping left to do, then gimp, then all the bikeed stuff..

Let me know if you need some help for bike ed or exporting. I'm waiting you in steam :P Add me! Mijhail Kipricov is my nickname.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh yeah completely forgot! Have been busy but will do ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nope, Steam can't find anyone with that name ???

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 27, 2016, 03:14:23 PM
Nope, Steam can't find anyone with that name ???
Check  --> fatselektor <-- without The signs.