• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thoughts on Replicated Series

Started by Vortex_Damien, September 18, 2016, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

For awhile now i have thought of creating a website dedicated to finding online matches / organizing races / racing dedicated repliaca series.
i have a small team that has discussed hosting and replicating the new outdoor series and if net code gets fixed before then maybe a small super cross series. We have also discussed how the classes should be setup and ran.This post i will sort of list out my idea's on setting it up and the rules and regulations that it will have. if people agree and like this then i will take it a step more and get this all started.

Bike Regulations

- Geom Files will be set according to bike creator.
- Custom Bikes are allowed but if engine file is changed it will be replaced with a engine file of race regulation (125cc,144cc,250cc,350cc,450cc,500cc ).
- Bike Engine Files will be created by us ( Piboso engine based, some races may require engine not made by them and will then be made by us ) .

Series

- Individual may request to post race series ( on website ) .
- Individual may request to host race series ( on website ).
- Website will host the main motocross race series ( AMA Supercross & Motocross, MXGP, Other ) .

Replica Race Series

- Will have track release 1 day prior to race date.
- Practice / Live Timing will be ran according to the real thing.
- Race format and length will be according to the real thing.
- Deformation and Collision will be turned on.

Leave your comments on what you thing can be added or changed.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Since deformation causes random cores within the space of 2 minutes of joining a server I think it could be a problem. Of course if this is fixed by the time you were looking to start it wouldn't matter.

I definitely like the idea of a bike set with the same engine throughout.

What about teams?

Sounds interesting, could it not be paired with gtx in some way? Would it make things easier / more consistent?

Ruubs

I agree with Fats. Cool idea but I think it'd be better paired with gtx at the moment. The community isn't big at all, so combining them would make one series bigger, and better instead of having multiple ones.

I've tried making a race organization website for Mx Simulator (just like EMF, but this time I'll make my own). But for Mx Simulator it's very very hard since you need to set up qualifying etc. This all works with MySQL, database stuff. In Mx Bikes that's all automatic in game.

For Mx Bikes it isn't necessary to have a website. It's cool! But it's not necessary.

Midbeck

Now that im back on a good desktop computer I'm definitely looking to race in the future. From what i've seen in the past, Sandbiter is a quality series host.
If we could get some hype around this I'm for sure down to help in any way i can. :D
#DirtyEuro

GDUBMX

not sure if im allowed to say about this but there is something on the horizon..

i spent all morning helping Geo out with this.

http://www.gtxonlineracing.com/

check it out.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

I am all for more racing and bringing the competition up. However, if you insist on doing it now with the current netcode and without rider collision, we will have more than enough with 1 series for 1 class. I'd rather see a packed gate than spread it over different events.

However, I would really like to set some "rules" as to which bikes are allowed, if we can switch bikes mid-season, etc. We need to come together on that and your suggestions are imo on the right track.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Pretty sure Geos plan with this one is a 250 only short series again.  Which should include js7 pound and the new winchester track.

I'm with asdrael,  we need a good rule book about bikes etc.  I'd prefer legit team bikes that we don't change throughout the season.  And people either designing their own skins to use or just stock.  Last season I saw a lot of people using other people's gear and helmets etc.  Pretty silly imo.

Good thing is the sponsors I deal with for my channel are fully behind backing virtual race series,  this winter one will be sponsored by eksbrand goggles ad the title sponsor.  It's adds credibility to the game if potential riders see the game is backed and endorsed by real and legit mx companies.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

fwiw - I am willing to help or even take over engine homogeneization for the next series. If I undertand correctly, you want to do a 250F series (thanks for organizing this peeps). We can either force 250F MSM engine files on everything (which is already more or less the case, beside I think RC models?) or I can port in the dynos and/or gearboxes of all bikes to make them more individual.

Also, force sign-ups WITH bike choice and possibly skin and paint uploads. So it stays consistent and people don't ride the Husky on Maryland, Yam on JS7 etc because it's better.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

rc4187

Quote from: Asdrael on September 18, 2016, 02:34:39 PM
fwiw - I am willing to help or even take over engine homogeneization for the next series. If I undertand correctly, you want to do a 250F series (thanks for organizing this peeps). We can either force 250F MSM engine files on everything (which is already more or less the case, beside I think RC models?) or I can port in the dynos and/or gearboxes of all bikes to make them more individual.

Also, force sign-ups WITH bike choice and possibly skin and paint uploads. So it stays consistent and people don't ride the Husky on Maryland, Yam on JS7 etc because it's better.

All my 250f's and 450's have always used msn engine

Asdrael

Quote from: rc4187 on September 18, 2016, 04:42:03 PMAll my 250f's and 450's have always used msn engine

My bad, must have mistaken some bikes for yours. I know we had a debate at one point on custom VS MSN but I don't remember which custom bikes started it.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Whatever engine we use, use the same imo.. unless the tweaks are super minor.

IRL, none of the bikes have that much an advantage over the other in the same class or they wouldn't compete together.
(or simply just don't need that excuse if someone was winning with said updated engine files etc)

Super excited, I like the rules and sticking with specific bikes etc!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So are we still talking about damiens idea or are we talking about gtx now? If gtx it should really have it's own thread..

Vortex_Damien

Well i can talk about merging the whole idea with gtx.. which would prob be the best bet.. i want to make my version of the site very similar to how iracing website is layed out.. as for bike regulations im sure we can set a standard for how the bikes should be setup to make for even racing.