• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:06:05 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

rotating objects

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, October 13, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzuki98

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on February 20, 2021, 07:27:24 PM
Quote from: suzuki98 on February 20, 2021, 05:15:37 PMworking on a tower object for supercross that i want the sign to spin and no matter what i try i can get it to rotate but not spin where it is standing.

Sounds to me like an origin problem. It will rotate around the objects origin. In blender you can move the origin easily, not sure about other software..
i thought that to. i am using blender and have the orgin set at zero do i need the object at zero also or where it is located on my track

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just worry about the origin.

This is from memory as I've not done them in a long time, but I'm fairly sure you want to just put the 3d cursor where you want the pivot (or rotation centre) point to be, then choose origin > set to 3d cursor. This way you can put the origin on a vertex or a face or whatever you want, as you can move the 3d cursor to selection.

Then you position it in the SCR using the position x,y and z. I'm not sure if there's a good way of working out x,y and z position but there probably is. You can get it close enough by moving the values and reloading the map in mapview. I think you might also be able to reload everything quickly by changing conditions and keep choosing sunny.

suzuki98

i thought i tried that lastnight will try it again tonight thank you for your help