• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:00 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[beta6]2016 Yamaha Pack v4.1 - YZ 125, 250F, 250, 450F - Std + OEM 27.03.2017

Started by Asdrael, January 29, 2017, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

can't wait for the "surprise" 2 stroke for life.. me and bad working on a surprise too ;)

Asdrael

For what it's worth. Re-redid the geometry with a new eye and my technique posted on the tutorial thread.

Down to 1px accuracy using the stock picture (1200 x 800px), with a normal dry sag in (35mm rear so 16.5° and 30mm front).

You can try zooming in.

The rear fender on the model is a tad short :p

Game loading now...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

>>>MASSIVE UPDATE 07/02/2017 <<<
>>> PLEASE DELETE YOUR FORMER YZF250 AND YZF450 FOLDERS<<<
>>> AND PLEASE READ FIRST POST <<<
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

I love the way they handle, i think the normal maps need to be flipped and maybe a new spec map :D i love it tho! gj maybe even just edgesplit the model ;)

Asdrael

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on February 07, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
I love the way they handle, i think the normal maps need to be flipped and maybe a new spec map :D i love it tho! gj maybe even just edgesplit the model ;)

Thanks :) I'm not in charge of the model and skins, those were handed to me by StoneRider. I don't want to delve into 3D modelling and importing those in MXB, I'd rather spend time on the engine/chassis accuracy and leave the artistic work to more artsy people.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Tristanmx

Bike grip and  turn feeling is just awesome ! I only think 125 and 250 2 strokes need more power ad 450 is a little bit too much powerful.... 250 4 strokes is just perfect ! best bike of the game !
Please give more power to the 125, like the rc 125 !!!

Skunkie132

Skunkie132

Sorry for double post, but the OEM link doesn't seem to be working?

Asdrael

Quote from: Skunkie132 on February 07, 2017, 06:57:06 PM
Amazing job, wow, just wow, thanks so much.   ;D

Quote from: Tristanmx on February 07, 2017, 06:35:46 PM
Bike grip and  turn feeling is just awesome ! I only think 125 and 250 2 strokes need more power ad 450 is a little bit too much powerful.... 250 4 strokes is just perfect ! best bike of the game !
Please give more power to the 125, like the rc 125 !!!
Thanks for the feedback!
- The 450 is not "too powerfull" but it has other engine components that are a bit out of whack. Don't ask me why but I just spent all day testing, and I came out with a good solution. See next post for update.
- The 125 is actually spot on. I'll vouch for that, I own one.
- The 250 lacks a bit of kick. I'm working on that, but it most likely comes from parameters I do not understand. I tried engine inertia, engine braking, nothing seems to bring back the gnarl I was hoping for. One thing tho is that the 2 stroke sounds are not the best so the audio feedback is lacking. It is misleadingly quiet, but actually packs a decent punch.

Quote from: Skunkie132 on February 07, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
Sorry for double post, but the OEM link doesn't seem to be working?
Just took it down, had to update the 450. Back up in a sec.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

>>> WHOOPS 24h PATCH <<<

Spent the whole day trying to figure out how to fix the 450 engine in the OEM version.

Long story short: I managed, here is the updated OEM pack : https://mega.nz/#!xAhjBSoD!0KARthSVZL19eXntFOVxXm0Ua9-8OnSbUrSawfs4OXY

If you already had downloaded it in the last 24h, you only need this : https://mega.nz/#!VMRiBbAa!13eDnBsQ3-6QdVHsU2XfTy5C51baEmgvQ_3SrOq-7dM which contains an .engn and the .cfg of the 450 OEM.

Why the patch?

The original MSM 450 is actually a supercharged 350. Messing around, I figured out that the engine inertia and brake torque ("engine breaking") was not giving proper results. So I updated the 450YZF OEM engine:
- engine inertia increased by 20%
- breaking torque increased with a more logical progression throughout RPM range.

Result: less brutality, more linearity in throttle response, the same raw power when full throttle, more engine breaking, more inertia of the engine. You'll find it easier to ride - more forgiving, but with a lot more potential. It's more of a tractor now... let it rev ;) (feels more like a heavy 250 that has a shitton of torque).

Appologies for the speedy patch to correct this, but I feel it's a game changer.

REALLY into feedback for this one!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I haven't tried the above patch yet, but I'm already in love with the 2 strokes ;D.. We need more! Thanks for all the hard work bud.

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on February 08, 2017, 08:49:00 AM
I haven't tried the above patch yet, but I'm already in love with the 2 strokes ;D.. We need more! Thanks for all the hard work bud.
I agree with Fats. Awesome work. Loving these bikes. Great to see you getting so involved in creating some good geoms. I just can't stand these stock 2 stroke sounds :(

Just like Damien said, there's something wrong with the normal and spec maps though. Not a big deal, they still ride great.

john_710

Installed the stock bikes, OEM bikes and Tyres mod, None of the bikes work for me.

EDIT: fresh install worked! bikes are amazing btw

Asdrael

I have just done a fresh reinstal of the pack and the tyre mod. Everything works here so I don't know... make sure it's in your /bikes folder for the bikes and the /tyres folder for the GeoTyres. If needed, delete the bikes before reinstalling them (don't try overwriting, it bugs out). More than that, I don't know, sorry.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord