• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:33 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Haha man I love enchiladas, with fresh lime and the BEST hot sauce in the world..Cholula. mmm, well fats and Max if you guys are ever in my part of the world you are more the welcome to stop by for an ice cold corona with lime and enchiladas :) but back to the replay/spectator overlay, ive seen this is several games, more noticeably though was on a vrc pro live race on YouTube. Nice colours and animations just like a real TV broadcast. I'd love to help in anyway just let me know what I could do,  whether it be colour scheming or sitting and typing a load of names and numbers out.  Really look forward to this,  this would take our sims to another level.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

@gdubmix: I'll skip the corona (gosh guys, how can you drink that stuff ? I can't figure out how they are even allowed to call it beer) but I'm all in for the enchiladas. Offer noted down, even if my stint in Scotland has not impressed me too much so chances I'll fly by your place are thin. But who knows :)

More seriously, if you have a video that showcases what you'd like in terms of overlay, please send.

GDUBMX

haha man i bet your an ale drinker eh?;) will look forward to it mate, yeah scotland...  :-X

here's the classic running order, not like todays one. which is fine but i think the pre 14' one is better myself.

check your pm's Max. :D

HornetMaX

@gdubmx: OK, I see. I'd like to start with something simpler. A static display with positions and time gaps for the first 3 riders + yourself and the one immediately before/after you.
Then I coul dmove to rolling strings but I'd need some info from Piboso about font creation (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3161.0) in order to have proper rolling strings.

2tfanatic

I'm seeing big black bars everywhere...

2tfanatic

GDUBMX

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 06:48:59 PM
@gdubmx: OK, I see. I'd like to start with something simpler. A static display with positions and time gaps for the first 3 riders + yourself and the one immediately before/after you.
Then I coul dmove to rolling strings but I'd need some info from Piboso about font creation (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3161.0) in order to have proper rolling strings.
sounds awesome MaX, look forward to seeing it mate.

GDUBMX

First time I've used maxhud and what a great little feature this is.  Thanks Max.  Nice work

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: gdubmx on June 01, 2016, 12:54:33 PM
First time I've used maxhud and what a great little feature this is.  Thanks Max.  Nice work

First time? Wow I thought you had it all along. When I reinstalled MXB I felt naked without it. Can't live without my rumble, or timing, or speedo, or radar online.. And occasionally helmet.. It adds so much.  ;D

GDUBMX

Yeah man,  a virgin!  What exactly does the radar do?  Also so I need xinput to gdt rumble to work? I would love a sit/stand indicator though. I know you can tell but a small visual hud like the gear counter would be cool.  How's things coming along with the replay overlay Max?

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on June 01, 2016, 01:44:09 PM
Yeah man,  a virgin!  What exactly does the radar do?
It shows the riders that are close to you (like in the blind spot). Mostly useful when riding in 1st person POV.

Also so I need xinput to gdt rumble to work? I would love a sit/stand indicator though.
Yes, xinput needed (better to have it anyway, for other reasons). I even think it will come by default with GPB/MXB/WRS/KRP in the future releases.

I don't have the sit/stand info passed by MXB, so I can't show it.

How's things coming along with the replay overlay Max?
In progress. The track map now works also when spectating (useful when live-streaming for example) and I've almost finished a small widget showing the standings and gaps (both while riding and while spectating).

philiaN

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sounds great MaX!

The radar is perfect when racing, especially the edge of screen indicators.

GDUBMX

awesome max! are we able to see a preview of the overlay in action? also so you have made a sit/stand indicator, just needs to be approved by Piboso? thanks mate

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on June 02, 2016, 08:46:49 PM
awesome max! are we able to see a preview of the overlay in action?
Nope. But I'll ship something soon (I'd say in 2 weeks).

Quote from: gdubmx on June 02, 2016, 08:46:49 PM
also so you have made a sit/stand indicator, just needs to be approved by Piboso? thanks mate
No: as the game does not pass the sit/stand status to the plugin, I can't do it.