• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rev Limiter Fix!

Started by BadStar, November 19, 2017, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

November 19, 2017, 11:49:52 PM Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:29:11 AM by BadStar

(Offline use only for now, so tread lightly)

I stumbled across a fix for the VERY annoying rev limiter. It is WAY too easy to hit the limiter. I have been trying to make sound mods, I quickly got suspicious of the speed at which we hit the limiter while the rear tire is still on the ground. Fixed!

This simple fix will make the bike only hit the limiter while the rear tire is off the ground. It sounds and feels so much better.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This mod requires you to modify one line of code within the file "BikeOfChoice.CFG"

Example Bike: OEM 2016 Suzuki RM-Z250

1)Unzip: MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.pkz 
2)Open Unzipped Folder:  MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250
3)Open File: MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.cfg
4)Add 1500 RPM to the original RPM Limiter Code (adjust to your liking if need)
example: BEFORE
NumLimiter = 1
Limiter0 = 14000

example: AFTER
NumLimiter = 1
Limiter0 = 15500

5)Make sure to get the paints from the existing MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.folder within C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Bikes\bikes and move them into the edited unzipped folder/paints
6)Remove MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.pkz from C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Bikes\bikes and replace/overwrite with the MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.folder
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EASY MOD OPTIONS (for those who don't like to edit files)
1) Maybe Asdrael can adjust all the files permanently so we always have the fix (his choice)

2) If needed, maybe I can upload all the fixed files at some point.  (if people like this)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Alex

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

LastFriday

Awesome ;D ;D I totally love it but honestly think that the limiter itself should be the sound of the bike itself- that being said that when you hit the limiter, the bike revs up then has to rev up again to hit that limiter, and the limiter revs up all the way from like 4000rpm or something and that would be a sick 4 stroke sound

BadStar

Quote from: Frolo_Moto on November 20, 2017, 04:25:43 PM
Awesome ;D ;D I totally love it but honestly think that the limiter itself should be the sound of the bike itself- that being said that when you hit the limiter, the bike revs up then has to rev up again to hit that limiter, and the limiter revs up all the way from like 4000rpm or something and that would be a sick 4 stroke sound

The limiter.wav is file is just another sound to add in our options of sounds when hitting the limiter.. it also took me .25 seconds to make the limiter sound and is no way considered great. just an optional sound.

Can you re-word what you are requesting bc I'm not sure I fully understand. Would love to see if I can fix what you.

If you don't add my limiter.wav file, does it work the way you are requesting? (stock limiter)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

by the way..

the limiter.wav is just optional

The mod to fix the limiter hitting while on the ground every 5sec is the main goal here.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Braap570

do i understand it the right way? i have to extract every bike e.g. husqvarna fc 250, yamaha yzf 250 and on and on and put everywhere the limiter? or is der a main folder for sounds where i have to put the new limiter in?!

BadStar

Every bike I believe

Make sure you like the sound though lol

We can make many rev limiter sounds and just pick one that u prefer (asdrael made one too) they are easy to make.

And if u don't like how often it hits the limiter play with the numbers mentions above.
**if u have a fav(s), just do those so it's less hassle.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Quote from: BadStar on November 21, 2017, 12:23:04 AM
Every bike I believe

Make sure you like the sound though lol

We can make many rev limiter sounds and just pick one that u prefer (asdrael made one too) they are easy to make.

And if u don't like how often it hits the limiter play with the numbers mentions above.
**if u have a fav(s), just do those so it's less hassle.

I was the first to make a rev limiter mod :(

pacopastor34

The rev limiter sounds good but it would be better a loop.

BadStar

Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 21, 2017, 07:30:04 PM
The rev limiter sounds good but it would be better a loop.

Yea I shouldn't have added the limiter sound to this post. It's really all about tweaking how often you hit the limiter on the dirt..which is a bit unrealistic stock
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

I removed .wav to stick to the main point
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

I have no comments on how easy it is to hit the limiter (I almost never do on a 450), but just to explain:

The rev limiter RPM are set the way they are in the .cfg files of OEM bikes because they are the values at which the rev limiter kicks in according to the manufacturer. I'm surprised your modification has the effect it has, because I was expecting the rev limiter from the .cfg to affect the maximum RPM you could reach with throttle on, while the sound file (sfx.cfg) value would affect the actual sound. Setting it at 15500 for a 250f, you are in the range outside of any dyno (obviously since the limiter hits around 13.5-14k) and on the power curves I made, the power is ultra low. So the bike won't hit the limiter with any terrain resistance under it.

Also: the limiter kicks it way past the peak power and torque for each engine. If you are hitting it, you are already way past the efficient RPM range...

(Now, there may be an issue with how limiters are handled currently, I can't know that).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

It might however be that I was too optimistic with the hp past the peak... I ll try lowering the curve past peak.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Quote from: Asdrael on November 22, 2017, 12:43:03 AM
It might however be that I was too optimistic with the hp past the peak... I ll try lowering the curve past peak.

I doubt its you man..  I am pretty sure its how the trigger of the gamepad calls the file into play. I don't really believe we are ever really "losing traction and hitting the limiter that much" as per say a "simulation".. I know I don't word any of that proper but I feel its true in its own way.

I understand adjusting the limiter value goes against simulating..but when simulating cause "FAKE" things to happen, I don't mind adjusting to make it "seem" more real.

I think it is something in the main coding. Since it happens on ALL bikes.

Either way, I think its a good start..especially for you guys who really know stuff. I'm just goofing around and stumbled on it.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime