• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:24:01 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Realistic Risks.

Started by MotoRogers499, February 20, 2014, 12:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRogers499

realistic falloff and crashes. If you have to physically run over to your bike/pick it up, etc, i think it would be awesome! Plus its eliminating all the goons who take stupid risks just because they can. In a video game, you respawn and all is well. In real life you dont see people doing these crazy 5-5-6-5 rythem sections like on most MX games. You have fear in real life, fear that if you take the chance, you might fail. Hurt yourself, or hurt the bike! :( We dont have fear in games, So i think adding a realistic falloff would be cool, because the possibility of loosing 15+ seconds because of a crash can really make people back off. Also maybe we can have a health bar, Also giving that fear simulation. You fall, you lose health, making rider reactions slower. You fall again, lose more health. Even slower rider movements/reactions. Uh-Oh!! lost all your health points? You're out for the race, broken neck! I think these ideas can really help give people a sense of fear. Making them not go too crazy, as you would in most video games.
thoughts?

moto28

I agree with the realistic falling but not the healthbar part. But yea Respawning on the bike totally takes out the purpose of a fall. But its hard to put "Fear" in a video game just because its a video game. The best way to get people to back off i think is having a realistic falling system. Other than that nothin else really

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on February 20, 2014, 12:45:39 AM
I agree with the realistic falling but not the healthbar part. But yea Respawning on the bike totally takes out the purpose of a fall. But its hard to put "Fear" in a video game just because its a video game. The best way to get people to back off i think is having a realistic falling system. Other than that nothin else really
i agree having a health bar is kinda weird, but in real life falling HURTS. Simple. There is no way to simulate this. closest thing i could come up with is a health bar. Fear is the reason we second guess ourselves, think before doing. You all know how it is when you're playing grand theft auto in the middle of a gunfight and your health is one shot to death, YOU RUN!! you dont stay and get yourself killed. you get the hell out of there! its fear. i think simulators need a way to fear the players to be succesful.

22Ryann

I like the concept but..

In my opinion it depends on how easy it is to crash, generally a crash in the real world means no chance of winning, or close too. So if someone is really good and never crashes well its going to get frustrating and not really fun, if its kinda hard to crash then maybe this would work better, running back to the bike is always a great idea but i think its too time consuming.

moto28

Time Consumings the key though. Thats what i think would have that "Fear" factor of it because you know it sheds off a load of time and thats what keeps you from risking too much.

22Ryann

That's why i mentioned it all depends on how easy it is to crash moto48,

MXS for instance, you really don't risk it at all.. and still can crash big time. Its super easy to crash.

Ryann,

moto28

Yea, This game looks alot more stable though. So it wont be easy to crash thus meaning you can more than likely run a clean race somewhat easily. Thus giving you a fear of having a necessarily " Didnt have to be this way " Crash if you try and go above and beyond. Sorry if that dosnt make sense trying to explain haha :D

22Ryann

Quote from: moto28 on February 20, 2014, 01:36:27 AM
Yea, This game looks alot more stable though. So it wont be easy to crash thus meaning you can more than likely run a clean race somewhat easily. Thus giving you a fear of having a necessarily " Didnt have to be this way " Crash if you try and go above and beyond. Sorry if that dosnt make sense trying to explain haha :D

Your making rather large assumptions in this post.

DD

Quote from: 22Ryann on February 20, 2014, 01:38:43 AM
Your making rather large assumptions in this post.

Just calm down moto28 :P Everything you said is irrelevant considering you haven't played the game.

Anyways, I'll add this post I made in another thread because it is relevant to the topic:
Quote from: DD on February 18, 2014, 05:27:45 PM
I would love it if crashing was a big ordeal. Simply because it would promote clean racing. I have no issue with block passing and bumping into each other, my issue is when people constantly try to jump a larger rhythm and crash on it EVERY lap. I'm just like, "Yo, you realize that it's faster to not jump that than to crash every lap, right!?"
;D

I feel like running to your bike yourself and picking it up would be pretty difficult to implement for the dev team. I think an slightly easier solution could be if you crash, your rider can only fall so far from the bike (let's say 0-10 feet), and then it would just be an animation for the rider to stand up and run back to the bike. You could get really detailed with it and make crashes specific to steepness of the terrain you're on. The amount of time your rider stays on the ground before getting up can be related to how hard your rider hit the ground.

In my opinion, this would greatly improve online play. If there were real consequences to falling, it would make learning how to ride slow and smooth before going fast that much more important.

This sounds like it would take a while to code... I just have the ideas, not the ability to do it myself. :D

Motoboss

Keep in mind this is a game too..I'm not looking for more frustrating than fun...If you want that go to Mx Simulator...Waiting forever for the rider to get back up is just too frustrating IMO ..The re spawning is fine with me so I can get back to the game and keep the fun alive!!
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

moto28

Sorry i ment to put a "and if this were the case then..." Sorry i had a feeling it didnt make sense  ::)

ChrisK

Quote from: gdubmx on February 20, 2014, 06:12:35 AM
You are absolutely right motoboss. Quite frankly the idea of a health bar and running to pick the bike up is stupid. I want a fun motocross simulator not one that takes me 4 years to master and depresses me. The crash system in gp bikes is fine. We do NOT need gimmick bs like this, you got 5 guys on the same bike that have a first turn crash, your all running around looking for your bike.. Just the very thought of this depresses me.further more no offence to anyone but the fact that people are suggesting this is just retarded IMO. Go play Mario and eat mushrooms for health or play GTA if u wanna fall off a bike and keep running about. And moto28 how can even make that assumption based on those videos?

+1

Crash System on gp bikes is top!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Might be good to have it like if you crash off the track, it respawns you off the track a couple of feet away facing the way of the race and you have to ride back on, instead of respawning you right in the middle in the way, but just a thought... I dont know what its like in gpbikes  :P

ChrisK

Then buy it and Support Piboso  ;)

JT43

I like the falling system in GP bikes but i'd like to see something like on the MX vs ATV games but maybe not as rag dolly, then you just respawn on your bike. It's already been said that there will be no bike damage but maybe the harder you crash the longer you have to watch your rider roll around in pain!

And do you think if someone falls, you should be able to ride through them? Like in warm up mode on MXS. Or do you think if you crash into someone who has fallen off or their bike this should knock you off too?