• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:12:27 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Ground Deformation

Started by TaLKFORDayZZ, March 02, 2014, 12:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaLKFORDayZZ

Real ground deformation that good ruts can be made during the race

MotoRogers499

Ground deformation will be added, but not in first release. Thats what I heared

Motoboss

When deformation is added to the game will it be full time or something you can toggle on or off?
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Motoboss on March 02, 2014, 04:52:03 AM
When deformation is added to the game will it be full time or something you can toggle on or off?

Im not sure, I didnt hear anything about that. But PiBoSo said EVERYTHING will be mod-able. So im guessing you can alter the effects of it. But once they get grounf deformation online, i doubt there will be a way to turn it off. Major advantage with people having it off. Server owners/admins should be able to choose whether or not the server has ground deformation or not though, that way its for all players or none.

PiBoSo

It will not be possible to turn deformation off.

Motoboss

Thanks for the reply PiBoSo.. You guys must have something great in the works as far as deformation goes if your that confident with it to not be able to turn it off ..By this i mean the way it makes the bike react and the visual aspect .. I'm just thinking of mx sims deformation ,it doesn't look good and it doesn't develop well..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Motoboss on March 02, 2014, 07:25:54 PM
Thanks for the reply PiBoSo.. You guys must have something great in the works as far as deformation goes if your that confident with it to not be able to turn it off ..By this i mean the way it makes the bike react and the visual aspect .. I'm just thinking of mx sims deformation ,it doesn't look good and it doesn't develop well..

or reflex. It was like riding in pudding

MotoRogers499

Quote from: TheFatController on March 02, 2014, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: Motoboss on March 02, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

or reflex. It was like riding in pudding

lol ikr? it was crazy. Mx vs ATV alive had decent rut deformation.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2014, 07:12:18 PM

Will deformation be different on each traction. For example, sand tracion = big and deep ruts/bumps, hard pack is small ruts/bumps. Or will track makers will be able to change the deformation settings themselfs?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 02, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2014, 07:12:18 PM

Will deformation be different on each traction. For example, sand tracion = big and deep ruts/bumps, hard pack is small ruts/bumps. Or will track makers will be able to change the deformation settings themselfs?

At the moment there is a "softness" parameter for each material layer, but this may change.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2014, 09:44:06 PM
"softness" parameter for each material layer

I dont understand?

al167

piboso, did you look at how reflex done it? if your curious the info is here. http://www.twisteddirt.com/wiki/SoftnessMapTexture
the reflex system works quite well and the additional softness map makes it real easy to  control excactly where you want the bumps/ ruts to form.
cheers al

moto28

Piboso im not sure if you guys have thought it out yet but im curious as to how a Sand Deformation would work as to a dirt one.

DD

Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 05:45:33 PM
Piboso im not sure if you guys have thought it out yet but im curious as to how a Sand Deformation would work as to a dirt one.
This is what he meant by the "softness paremeter."

moto28

But with sand most of it collapses in on itself and falls back in and fills the hole it created leaving just a small bit left behind. Im interested to see how it will work