• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider Weight Shift + Countersteer

Started by MotoRogers499, March 05, 2014, 11:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRogers499

March 05, 2014, 11:35:25 PM Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:24:49 PM by MotoRogers499
Ok, those who have played MXS know the one major physics flaw - the only way to turn is by counter steer. There is no rider lean for side to side. If we had this, I think it would add a certain realism that few games have - as long as the rider lean actually does something (not just animation, but a way to shift weight).

Rider weight shift/lean would be a great advantage in technical sections, enduro tracks, tight forested tracks, etc, which is something MXS had a hard time with. Counter steer and a static rider when it comes to s/s movement doesn't cut it. And  I dont want rider lean back/forward and side/side. I want complete weight shift. Wherever i put the stick, is the direction i want the rider to lean to.

It would give each player a chance to develop their own technique. In motocross, there is alot of body language and movement. This is all correcting the bike, or keeping your body straight and letting the bike move underneath you, or maneuvering around obstacles etc.

Some examples of weight shift and rider correction:

And if your feeling daring you could even watch these as examples - pay close attention to rider movements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBzv2t1x60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4nbdLTCR8

And you all know how in tight, technical corners you kinda lean into the corner ahead of time, but keep the bike upright until you reach the corner and quickly bring the bike down to your body's leaning angle. Turnin the bike quick an sudden, while standing your body back up from that sexy rut. I wanna be able to do this.

You could kinda counter and correct mistakes like the bike being jerked sideways or being stood up in a rut. In MXS, you have to hit ruts PERFECT, or its a no-go. Perfect lean angle and speed, or you're a duster.
BUT... say you are coming in too fast, and cant slow down in time to hit it perfect. Start leanin in with your body, but keep the bike upright as much as you can (In MXS you would have fallen at this point, because the lean angle you would have to be at to hit the rut would make you slide out) then, once you get close to that rut, yank the bike down to your body lean angle. Uh-Oh, hit it too hard? No problem, keep that bike in the rut and use the rider weight to squat that seat, counter weight kinda thing. Or have you leaned in to far into the rut and close to falling? Stand the bike up, keep your body where the bike was, and brap. brappp. One of the example images show this.

So I want rider lean, front/back and side/side, but be able to do both at once.. like... lean back and to the left, or lean forward and to the right. Wherever i push that analog stick, is where i want that rider to go.
This is not eliminating the counter steer control. I still want this. Counter steer control PLUS rider weight shift and lean.

I apologize if any of this doesn't make sense, it is very hard to explain. Hopefully you guys understood :P

moto28

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 06, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
Im surprised it hasnt got many replies yet, far better and more wanted idea than my realistic risks thread, and yet, its that one that is top 10 for most replies...

yeah and whats funny is this is the only thread that is still on topic lol....

I think this would be something for sim mode like turning all the assists off. Would be great though. I love games where you can spend months mastering the way they play  8)

uollie

Just because a thread has or doesn't have a lot of replies, doesn't necessarily mean people aren't on board with an idea. I've owned sim for almost 4 years now, and I didn't even create a forum profile for a year. In the last 3 years I've only posted about 50 times, but MXS is still my favorite game to date.

But anyway I do think it's a good idea, but it's also pretty much already assumed to be a confirmed feature from what I understand. The only thing I could possibly add is to emphasize how well done I hope it is.

Piboso, or Snappe: Are you guys doing any sort of weight transitioning on side to side leans for body weight centering around a specific leg? In other words, in real life when you are standing and turning, the weight you put on your legs are almost never exactly equal. Unless you're riding in a straight line, one leg usually has more of your body weight being supported than the other.

The problem I see, is when this occurs the rider's body is still almost straight looking. (Kind of like when you're standing on your feet and you rest one leg by putting all your weight on the opposite leg; You still look like you're standing up straight for the most part but one leg is hardly doing anything.) So could that be possible to do all while having literal body weight hanging off the side of the bike too?

DD

It doesn't have many replies because the forums are not active.

5 people doesn't count as active.

uollie

And that ^

There's like <10 people on at any time I've checked the users online. The game has to actually release first before anything drastic happens.

Ruubs

DP means double posting, doesn't it?

Noticed the 'Edit' button in your posts? You can edit your posts on this forum, pretty usefull to add more information you want to give.  ;D

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 06, 2014, 10:55:40 PM
DP means double posting, doesn't it?

Noticed the 'Edit' button in your posts? You can edit your posts on this forum, pretty usefull to add more information you want to give.  ;D

Yes ive known about this for almost a week know. I do this, i just dont specify where I edit by saying
EDIT: blah blah blah
So you probably wouldnt notice, but almost all my posts say "edited" under them lol. I was kinda joking on the whole DP thing, but hey, sometimes you forget. Kinda more i spam the forum to get my feed on MXB awesomeness while i wait for release :D

Motoboss

Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

Motoboss

STOP POSTING....Let Other people give there input ..Do you notice that you are not being replied to...? or is the awesomeness blocking it out...JEEZE I haven't seen a noob this bad since that one guy on Mx Sim a while back I cant think of his name ... I think he was banned for a while...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Motoboss on March 06, 2014, 11:49:27 PM
STOP POSTING....Let Other people give there input ..Do you notice that you are not being replied to...? or is the awesomeness blocking it out...JEEZE I haven't seen a noob this bad since that one guy on Mx Sim a while back I cant think of his name ... I think he was banned for a while...

I encourage you to re-read this thread. Sandbiter said something to me, so I answered. Im not going to ignore him because you feel the need to judge my posts. I replied to him, and yes what he told me was off-topic and irrelevent, but i replied, because I was raised being told that ignoring/dismissing people was rude. If you don't like me, or my threads, then don't reply. Clearly you don't care about anything I say, so why comment on it?

DD

moto28

I dont even see it as spam still. I understand it did get off topic but it was because of things like this that starts conversations that made us have such high post counts. I mean im sorry if your mad that i have alot of posts and such but im just kinda rolling with the off topic conversations not starting them. I havent posted 1 thing off topic on this thread until now.  :-\

Omar

Damn it feels awesome to be one of the first 300 profiles created here  ;)

MotoRogers499

Lol ok, back to the thread suggestion. Thoughts?