• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:40:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

I'm not very good at making custom textures. You can find a lot of really good ones online though.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 07, 2014, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 07, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
Quote from: onlyonetone on May 07, 2014, 03:59:49 PM
Any track updates guys? With the development updates crawling (I understand piboso and snappe are busy) its nice to see the track updates.
if I don't like the game or if my track doesn't play out as planned I did everything for nothing.

Not really. Somewhere toward end of my object video you can see how easy it can be to scale it right. Think around 1:15 mark (last 15 or 20 min of it I think).

EDIT: Its starts at the 1:08 mark
I know buddy, I figured out a lot myself. It's just the heightmap scaling, maybe we have to make weird jumps shapes or different spacing between jumps etc.

onlyonetone

From testing the example track in mxs you can see that everything will need to be scaled down a little for mxb. At least that's my theory. So if it works in mxs nicely just scale it down some.

Ruubs

Quote from: onlyonetone on May 07, 2014, 07:21:54 PM
From testing the example track in mxs you can see that everything will need to be scaled down a little for mxb. At least that's my theory. So if it works in mxs nicely just scale it down some.
That's true, but we don't know how the suspension works, and what the physics can handle or ride the best on. Maybe we need a whole different kind of sx jumps than the ones that I used.

onlyonetone

This is true. Especially with your ax track.

onlyonetone

Looks great man! You're mask work is awesome.

thisisdef

Quote from: geofanatec on May 16, 2014, 03:53:19 AM
Very slowly coming along..............took all objects out for now, entirely new terrain! Same layout and stuff, just more natural looking terrain.

Got textures looking better (although still amateur I am sure).

Track is still smooth and not rutted. Waiting for game to decide how best to do that ;)

Still.......................come on, been since MCM2 days 8) lol

This looks beutiful. Can't wait to see some objects on it
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

thisisdef

Quote from: geofanatec on May 17, 2014, 09:59:15 PM
Here it is with some trees. Still gotta get fencing, some tuff blocks, etc...all in there.

This adds a ton of depth with trees though.

So sick! Thanks for the updates man!
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

GDUBMX

looks amazing geo, cant wait to rip on her. good job man
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Looks fun, I've some critism though, tell me if you want to hear it.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 17, 2014, 11:44:58 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 17, 2014, 11:06:54 PM
Looks fun, I've some critism though, tell me if you want to hear it.

Doesn't matter to me. I know it's not perfect, lol :P

Edit: I'll just argue your wrong ;)
You're*

Anyways, the trees don't match the whole track IMO, they also look a bit cartoony IMO. The grass texture could be better too, it's too bright and hasn't gotten much of a pattern in it as far as I can see. The ontrack textures are way different than the offtrack textures, which makes it look really weird because you can clairly see the edge which isn't 'awesome' IMO.

al167

nice work geo!
will be interesting to see how these non lod objects run in game!!! my last track I made had for reflex had over 1200 models, all with lods, my last one for mxs had 670 billboards and 530 models all with lods. this mxs track will be my first mxb track. ill transfer it over from mxs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vvpbptiFA hope it runs smooth.

onlyonetone

Dude, your track is looking real good. I'm excited to see it in game. Have a name for it yet?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Especially when you're on a phone lol

GDUBMX

Wow geo, thanks a lot for that dude. Really does it justice in the video.. Plus the bit when your wife is shouting lol "f'ing wives"lol good times! Anyway keep it up! I'm tempted to convert an mxsim track I made but never released. How would I go about doing that do ya think?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />