• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:21 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Did you checked the offtrack, pits and starting masks?
There´s a mask that defines the offtrack sections, and if you dont set it it will respawn near the pits all the time.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

PiBoSo / Snappe:

Having a weird problem, I can't seem to get particles to show on a track I'm working on. Layers are all 'soft soil' although I'm not sure that matters as I think I've been told in the past that all surface types offer their own particles.

Tried practice track and sure enough there were particles, but my own - nothing. Any idea's where to start?

BadStar

Quote from: Mace-x on May 06, 2016, 04:59:30 AM
Did you checked the offtrack, pits and starting masks?
There´s a mask that defines the offtrack sections, and if you dont set it it will respawn near the pits all the time.

Thank you! My problem was related the the offtrack mask.. I accidently had off_track.tga being called in the .tht file but I didnt have an offtrack mask in the folder :)

I do know now that I don't have to have an offtrack mask to play and respawn correctly..but I do if I am "calling" for one in the script, lol.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: TheFatController on May 06, 2016, 05:45:02 PM
PiBoSo / Snappe:

Having a weird problem, I can't seem to get particles to show on a track I'm working on. Layers are all 'soft soil' although I'm not sure that matters as I think I've been told in the past that all surface types offer their own particles.

Tried practice track and sure enough there were particles, but my own - nothing. Any idea's where to start?

OK so this is happening because I have different materials. I have a gravel section and a soft soil section and I figured the materials applied to the corresponding masked area of the same layer from the HMF.. But instead I have an entire gravel section everywhere not just in the area I'm using for gravel.

So new question - Is it possible to do this? I know you can mask pit areas but can you mask for materials?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on May 10, 2016, 07:33:24 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on May 06, 2016, 05:45:02 PM
PiBoSo / Snappe:

OK so this is happening because I have different materials. I have a gravel section and a soft soil section and I figured the materials applied to the corresponding masked area of the same layer from the HMF.. But instead I have an entire gravel section everywhere not just in the area I'm using for gravel.

So new question - Is it possible to do this? I know you can mask pit areas but can you mask for materials?

Yes, of course it's possible to mask the materials in the THT file, just like the surfaces.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Pib, I wasn't in a position to test it at the time otherwise I would have just tried it, so figured I'd ask as I cleared up my question.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Me again ::)

Just wondering what you do for surface = pit, when the pit area sits on an object?

Thanks.

Ruubs

July 28, 2016, 06:20:09 PM #202 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:53:23 PM by Sandbiter
One simple question before I can release V2 of Archview (it rides a lot better now). My 3d grass isn't working. I've tried everything Fats and I could think of, and nothing works. It just doesn't show up.

Everything is named correctly. Everything is in the correct folder. It should work, but it doesn't.

This is my .hmf file.

samples_x = 2049
samples_z = 2049

data = heightmap.raw

size_x = 416.3568
size_z = 416.3568
scale = 9.31328653334

num_layers = 6
layer0
{
map = maps/mud.tga
repetitions = 50
thickness = 1.0
}

layer1
{
map = maps/grass.tga
repetitions = 50
mask = maps/grass_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer2
{
map = maps/lightdirt.tga
repetitions = 50
mask = maps/lightdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer3
{
map = maps/darkdirt.tga
repetitions = 50
mask = maps/darkdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer4
{
map = maps/superdarkdirt.tga
repetitions = 50
mask = maps/superdarkdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer5
{
map = maps/overlay.tga
repetitions = 1
mask = maps/overlay_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0

grass{
max_density = 1
height = 1.8
height_diff = 0.1
width = 1
width_diff = 0.1
texture = maps/grassfx.tga
densitymap = maps/grassfx_mask.tga
}
}

And this is my THT file
samples_x = 2049
samples_z = 2049

data = heightmap.raw

size_x = 416.3568
size_z = 416.3568
scale = 9.31328653334

num_material_layers = 6
layer0
{
material = soft soil
mask = maps/mud_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer1
{
material = soil
mask = maps/grass_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer2
{
material = soft soil
mask = maps/lightdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer3
{
material = soil
mask = maps/darkdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer4
{
material = soil
mask = maps/superdarkdirt_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

layer5
{
material = compact soil
mask = maps/overlay_mask.tga
thickness = 1.0
}

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Should be OK, I've done 2 and more layers of 3d grass on tracks before with no problem.. I'm at a loss with this one!

Ruubs

July 28, 2016, 06:29:12 PM #204 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:14:59 PM by Sandbiter
I accidently posted the hmf of the example track in my previous post. I modified it.

Edit1:
I just notice my TRH is full pink when I open it in tracked. I don't get it haha

Edit2:
Oh and my MAP doesn't work either anymore :)

Edit3:
Okay MAP works again now. I updated me previous post with the new HMF.
TRH still doesnt work, neither does my 3d grass.

Edit4:
TRH works. I had an extra white line in my trh_params.ini + i had to check surface in tracked (under the 'draw' tab).
Still no working 3d grass tho.

Edit5:
My TRH was pink because I messed up the materials in my THT file.
Be sure to put material_layer0 etc. instead of just layer0.

Edit6:
I sent my track to Fats. He looked into it, couldn't find the problem which causes the grass not to appear. So he also rebuild the folder structure etc a couple of times (which I've also done like a 100 times). It finally works now. He's sending it over to me atm. I'll add every object again and some other stuff, and then I think V2 will be released.

Holy hell much edits...

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I only rebuilt it once then it worked. My theory is that the problem arose at some point when redirecting where map.bat writes to. I rebuilt the folder so map.bat writes to track.map in the same folder and it worked fine.

Ruubs

I'm going nuts again.
FBX2EDF keeps crashing!

Neither 3ds max does what I want it to do.

I'm unable to finish southwick like this. I can't add banners around the track.

Easiest object ever, least amount of polys, nothing wrong with it. FBX2EDF crashes.
https://gyazo.com/ec7a497dde2d8b3745e174e05aa4b012

Ruubs

Fixed it cuz I'm the best.

Something wrong with 3ds max tho...

Asdrael

I have an issue.

I'm trying to build a rather complicated HMF file with around 10 layers. I have tried every single one independantly, they work. I have built various size (and above 10), they work.

Now, in that particular file, and that particular case, when I add my 9th layer (whatever it is, even a copy from another one already in), it compiles the .map, I can see it, I can compile the tht, I can open and merge the tcl in TrackEd. But it crashes the game. I have done it 10 times, there is no typo, and the incrementation is good. I have tried moving stuff in and out, same issue adding the 9th layer.

Gnnn ?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on August 05, 2016, 09:44:55 PM
I have an issue.

I'm trying to build a rather complicated HMF file with around 10 layers. I have tried every single one independantly, they work. I have built various size (and above 10), they work.

Now, in that particular file, and that particular case, when I add my 9th layer (whatever it is, even a copy from another one already in), it compiles the .map, I can see it, I can compile the tht, I can open and merge the tcl in TrackEd. But it crashes the game. I have done it 10 times, there is no typo, and the incrementation is good. I have tried moving stuff in and out, same issue adding the 9th layer.

Gnnn ?
Could you post your HMF and THT code please (using the 'code' tags)?

Also are you sure your centerline is 100% correct?