• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:26:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 Kawasaki 250/450/450sm V2.1

Started by StoneRider, April 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

nickuzick

Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
So your saying unless your a "pro" on MXS you don't get access to this model?

Only the "pro's"?

An amateur can't get this?

EDIT: MY GOD! PLEASE DON'T LET MXB GET LIKE THIS! Heaven forbid we pay money and distribute for FREE
There are amateur teams that use the model. The point is that it was only sold to people in mxs.
Would also like to add that he spend hundreds and hundreds of hours creating it. He is selling it because he thought he would have control over where it goes (MXS Exclusive).

Quote from: gdubmx on June 05, 2016, 10:06:48 PM
Nick, its simple. Can "Jay" show us the official binding agreement in which he stated the models must not be used outside of private team use in Mx Simulator?
Also, what exactly is "Jay's" issue with this game having his models in? I think they are great models and see it as advertising for him. I really cant see what the big problem with MXB having them?  :o :o
And there really is no need for name calling is there?
I suppose the name calling was immature so I apologize. Jay really doesn't need advertising. Especially if he created another model it would get shared for free. The "advertising" is only good if it wasn't going to be shared around but instead everyone will have it for free.

nickuzick

Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 10:11:39 PM
Hang on, what "team" do you know of that needs EVERY bike model?
New, high quality models come out maybe 2 or three times in a year (KXF being one in 2016)so a lot of teams purchase more than one and switch between them for supercross and nationals.

Asdrael

Quick, license the RMZ and sell it! Then, ask people to take it down!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

June 05, 2016, 10:27:06 PM #49 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:28:55 PM by pacopastor34
I repeat. A person made a model. A person sold hundreds of obj files of his model. A person wanted to be a company making money of his work. Companies pays lawyers and pays their taxes. A person didn't pay any taxes about that undercover money and a didn't make any kind of contract or agreement.

What does he wants?

Tell Jay to enjoy the money.

StoneRider

Quote from: nickuzick on June 05, 2016, 10:14:23 PM
The point is that it was only sold to people in mxs.

This is not mentioned anywhere. And for me, if you want to release content for one game, you release games files like .JM in MXS or .EDF in Mx Bikes. But you don't release a model. Also, i wouldn't buy .JM or .EDF for 70$. I bought a model, i do what the hell i want with it. And now, i want to play in MBX with it. That's it. I don't know what are you doing still here.

Docfumi

The cat is already out of the bag, and a lot of people have downloaded
the bikes so what to do next? Ask everyone to stop using the bikes at home.
If it was made clear that the Bike Models were only for MXS then all links should
be removed and end of story. But making a fuss after the fact that you got paid for
the models is a real weak move and you pretty much have no right to do so because
you took the money and I'm sure the buyer didn't tell him where or how he could
spend said money.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

nickuzick

Jay hasn't started a company. He is selling them as himself and not under a fancy banner. He does pay taxes on each sale he makes so don't think he's doing shady shit.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Still waiting to hear back from Jay...

nickuzick

Jay said "fuck it". He realizes none of you will change your minds.
Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: nickuzick on June 05, 2016, 10:31:47 PM
Jay hasn't started a company. He is selling them as himself and not under a fancy banner. He does pay taxes on each sale he makes so don't think he's doing shady shit.

seriously! NO WAY he is paying taxes on this!

So don't say he is doing something he isn't.

I would LOVE to see his general ledger if that is true.
Contact Jay on the mxs forum, he MIGHT reply there. That's a very hasty accusation there guy, are you sure you want to go there?

nickuzick

Contact him on the mxs forum, I don't have access to anything personal of his.

StoneRider

Quote from: nickuzick on June 05, 2016, 10:40:02 PM
Jay said "fuck it". He realizes none of you will change your minds.

Contact Jay on the mxs forum, he MIGHT reply there. That's a very hasty accusation there guy, are you sure you want to go there?
So.. what are you doing here ?? i did send a message on Mxs Forum. Still no answer.

nickuzick

I didn't say anything about legality. Just a lack of respect to the creators wishes. I'll continue to play mxb on and off in the meantime.

nickuzick

I still play MXS at a professional level. I just enjoy the different feel every now and again. You really can't say one is better than the other because they are very different (play and coding wise) but I do want to see where this goes. Please be careful with the free content though. The problem that started in MXS was that there was so much free content the creators were getting taken for granted and became unmotivated. Basically just pace yourselves because I guarantee somethings going to happen and the content will no longer become free.

StoneRider

The mxb model system don't allowed an inifity of bikes. Each bikes have his own Dyno and Geometry and they have to be download on a server to play with online. Also, some of us have the mxs experience and won't let that happen.