• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:36:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suzuki RM 250 2t V1

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, October 11, 2016, 07:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Haha. Indeed, that is a problem.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've got no problem with the idea of making a 250 2 stroke supermoto out of this.. May even find the time to make a front light cluster / tail light / shorter front fender.. But the changes are far more than just plastics!

Can't promise on timeframe though! How does that sound?

Mace-x

YesYesYes please?  ;D
We always need more supermotos  ;D

BadStar

Sounds amazing! No worries on time, your work is worth the wait  ;D
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK.. Sorry BadStar / Mace.. Never got around to any kind of Supermoto mod here.

But, I'm updating the model slightly and making 2 versions, a 125 and a 250. Asdrael is kindly going to create the geom and engine files for standard and OEM versions.
So my question to anyone interested, how happy are you guys with the model? Do you think anything needs a tweak?

I'm going to be adding a bigger pipe on the 250, and maybe swapping the bars for twin walls.

Feedback welcome ;)

CSchmied986

Is there a template? Feeling a throwback project!

GDUBMX

The model is spot on I think, the 1st person view and power for me needed some work.  It just  seems to flat with no sense of power,  my cr 250 was awesome,  you pulled the throttle back and it just sprung to life.  This one just doesn't feel like that haha.  It's probably my shit riding though to be honest mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No you're spot on about the engine, but that will be changing. Good to know the model is OK, lack of reference pics made it tough going.

There Will be a template, sure I included one, if I didn't then sorry for that, I'll make sure one is included in the next release,

Asdrael

Model looks great, a rough geom try shows it fits perfectly with the expected dimensions. The problem is, Suzuki started using "classical" rear linkage geometry in 2004 only. The 2003 version is... erm.... "weird" and I have no idea how to reproduce it in BikeEd. Might have to cheat and do a 2004 one.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

2004 or on would be fine, I started on an 03 but due to lack of references I used most years from time to time. I didn't notice any major differences :D thanks again!

BadStar

Quote from: BadStar on October 11, 2016, 09:57:36 PM
Soo.. this is about how I felt when I noticed this older 2-stroke rm was released..

start at @6:47

https://www.youtube.com/v/bv5z99Vgd_0

(although i recommend this entire video..its amazing!)

Just seeing this topic pop up once again gave me the same sensation in this vid @6:45+ hhahah (its just so true)

seriously, thank you again I really like this era of bike!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

RoyceSkylar

Wow, it's looking great.
Recently my friend customized a Suzuki Dirt bike with the help of MXProDecals. That bike also looking amazing.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

February 24, 2017, 11:27:52 AM #27 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:14:36 PM by TFC
Very cool..

So I'm just about done with the model. Current list of fixes are:

+ Increased overall width of bike
+ thickened swingarm
+ Increased rear shock spring segments
+ Fixed rear fender, now not as deep and fat and now narrows towards back slightly
+ Fixed handlebars angle, and reshaped them according to Renthal real world dimensions
+ Fixed the size of the bar pad
+ Fixed norm bugs on levers, reshaped and rearranged lever angle and hoses
+ Fixed how the seat sits against the tank
+ Fixed seat height and overall shape
+ Fixed lots of shading and normal errors around the edges of plastics
+ Added a lip around the edge inside the rear number plates
+ Resized silencer to fit better in line with a 250 aftermarket. Will be making a smaller pipe for the 125

Overall it's looking much better than before, more realistic and cleaner. Should be ready to give both a 125 and 250 model over to Asdrael over the next few days. Then I will be looking at maybe making a 'race' version of both bikes. These will come with handguards, a front disc cover, maybe reshaped rear number plates, Renthal twinwalls.. Not sure what else yet or if I have time but would be nice.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

GDUBMX

Looks amazing mate. Nice bars
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />