• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:18 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Custom rider model and animations talk

Started by Ruubs, November 13, 2016, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pay2021

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on July 03, 2020, 07:17:02 PMI'm pretty sure if you make money off someone else's work, it's theft..   :-\

Of course it is!! wich is not my case, i recived like 100 bucks in donations in 10 years of modding, but, people buy games because of my mods, i know because they tell me, but thats ok...

PizzaChet

Pay2021 you have proven you need help. In the same post, you say PiBoSo is God. He said it's ripped content then you say it isn't theft. That is a cry for help. Is it a language thing? That would be a convenient excuse.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

pay2021

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 07, 2020, 05:42:49 PMPay2021 you have proven you need help. In the same post, you say PiBoSo is God. He said it's ripped content then you say it isn't theft. That is a cry for help. Is it a language thing? That would be a convenient excuse.

In fact, English is not my native language, anyway I just wanted to test the rider model, I apologize if it bothers someone, it was not my intention to do it, really, I just wanted to test that

WestSideWill763

pay you should work on a rider with freeriding gear sets like real clothing flannels hoodies shorts kneepads jeans something with different textures or layouts then the basic pro rider look then I don't think you'd have so many people complaining about you ripping content cause it'd be original so no one can complain.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

have you thought about trying to collaborate with a modeler here? I know there are a few people here who are good at modelling and would rather see something purpose built rather than ripped.

ziggy

Quote from: hvpmvp on July 05, 2020, 01:00:03 AM
Quote from: ziggy on July 04, 2020, 03:56:16 AMSlapping a Fox logo on a bike paint is considered theft to some of these people. At this point maybe we should ask for permission from Honda, Yamaha, etc if it's ok for us to use their logos on bike paints before we release a bike skin...  ::)
lol what, making a bike skin and completely ripping someone else's model without permission are way different.

Are they though buddy? You are ok with someone ripping a logo someone put time and effort into creating? Then why do you care so much more about someone linking a bunch of vertices together? Make it available on the internet and it will be used. Pib has the ability to delete things he thinks will put him in a sticky place. He doesnt need any more white knights bud there are plenty here.

PiBoSo

July 14, 2020, 10:23:21 PM #36 Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:26:26 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: ziggy on July 14, 2020, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: ziggy on July 04, 2020, 03:56:16 AMSlapping a Fox logo on a bike paint is considered theft to some of these people. At this point maybe we should ask for permission from Honda, Yamaha, etc if it's ok for us to use their logos on bike paints before we release a bike skin...  ::)
lol what, making a bike skin and completely ripping someone else's model without permission are way different.

Are they though buddy? You are ok with someone ripping a logo someone put time and effort into creating? Then why do you care so much more about someone linking a bunch of vertices together? Make it available on the internet and it will be used. Pib has the ability to delete things he thinks will put him in a sticky place. He doesnt need any more white knights bud there are plenty here.

First of all, copyright and trademark are two very different concepts, but you're confusing them.
Secondly, "white knights" are not only welcome, but also needed, because I don't have the time and skills to check if every 3D model and texture in every mod has been stolen. Therefore, community help and self-regulation is essential.

ziggy

July 14, 2020, 11:16:35 PM #37 Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:19:26 PM by ziggy
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 14, 2020, 10:23:21 PM

First of all, copyright and trademark are two very different concepts, but you're confusing them.
Secondly, "white knights" are not only welcome, but also needed, because I don't have the time and skills to check if every 3D model and texture in every mod has been stolen. Therefore, community help and self-regulation is essential.

Let's play out a scenario Pib. You get caught up in an issue where someone ripped a model and used it to make a profit which is what this thread is about...
You are going to go in and tell the "courts" you don't have the time and skill to regulate your profitable business against copyright and trademark issues? Then you are going to explain to them how your community of "needed" white knights failed in protecting you? Good luck with that ::)

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

PiBoSo

Quote from: ziggy on July 14, 2020, 11:16:35 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 14, 2020, 10:23:21 PM

Let's play out a scenario Pib. You get caught up in an issue where someone ripped a model and used it to make a profit which is what this thread is about...
You are going to go in and tell the "courts" you don't have the time and skill to regulate your profitable business against copyright and trademark issues? Then you are going to explain to them how your community of "needed" white knights failed in protecting you? Good luck with that ::)

Ripped models can get me in trouble even if no profit is made.
Your scenario is missing the point, that is to create an healthy community so that no one will go to court.

ziggy

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 15, 2020, 09:50:16 AMRipped models can get me in trouble even if no profit is made.
Your scenario is missing the point, that is to create an healthy community so that no one will go to court.

If you were worried about these ripped models you would have deleted pays images of it by now. My point and responses were related to supporting a healthy community as well as supporting this guy who is attempting to bring content to your game... Instead, you are here sticking your neck out with the people that want to bash him. 🥱 TFC had the professional response you should have noted instead of getting involved.