• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:48 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Red Bud (updated RDF 08/05/17)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 07, 2017, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

May 07, 2017, 09:26:14 PM Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:40:16 PM by TFC
RED BUUUUDDD!  8)

So I know, I made this a long time ago. Well I did and I didn't.. The version I released for the GTX series as beta is almost a different track. Some elements are the same, but the majority of it has been completely remade as I wasn't happy with a lot of it. To the eye, the hieghtmap might look quite similar to the beta, but if you were to ride the old version in MXB B6, you would be disappointed.

I've tried to be as authentic as possible with heightmap, object placement, and have tried to include the key features of the track that make it Red Bud (stands, sign, buildings, tunnels, flag etc..). All objects here are 100% made by myself, bespoke to this map so to speak, bar the trees. The trees are from a texture pack of 3d rendered images. Also kinda cool, if you run a clean lap in testing watch the replay back and compare it to the 2016 450 main (which I based the cameras on) and you'll see that the jumps are 99% accurate as far as size and how high / far the bikes travel.

I've spent a LOT of time on the deformation. Red Bud is loamy (apparently) lots of sandy loose soil with compact sections. While the track rides great as standard, I think it rides even better when massively deformed. It's a challenge, but some areas become easier - Corners for example. Lots of the inside ruts are just suggestions before they've been deformed. If you stick to these suggestions they become amazingly grippy, to the point you can slide into one and be caught half way into a corner as you can see in the video below.

Also 2 new skies included here. Feel free to use them elsewhere, I will add them to the assets thread when I get time along with a few track objects which I've made here for people to use elsewhere  ;)

I'm really proud of this track, more so than everything else I've made with exception to Matterley Basin and the JS7 compound. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed making it and riding it. See you all online to rip it up soon!

Oh, and if you like my tracks, appreciate the effort I put in and want to say thanks, you can always buy me a drink, but please note your thanks in a forum post is more than enough. I do this for love, not money, I've just had quite a few requests to include a donate button so figured I would for my next release (this one).

DOWNLOAD Updated with new race data.

https://www.youtube.com/v/j33MABfoKo4

Who is going to find the metaphorical easter egg I wonder ??? ;)

john_710

Awesome work! thanks dude

Yamaha285

Simply amazing! This is a very well built replica. The bumps and ruts are perfect. Nice work!

Twitch135

awesome track TFC, having a blast with it. thanks. 8)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Asdrael

Great job. Spun a few laps on it, different lines work out, heighmap base (and deformation) are on point, surroundings are immersive, loving it.

... might have messed up the race data tho, chaining clean laps and they are not registering :/
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Damn.. It's not the first time I've done that either.. I'll fix it tomorrow after work.

Paradox28

woohoo, I love redbud!

BadStar

As always, Amazing!

Thank you!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

This is an amazingly well done track! Gonna be logging many laps on this one.

GDUBMX

Amazing.. now this is how you build a track. Knocked it out of the park again Ike, nice job mate. really awesome, and this is sooo fun. :D bringing back those beta battle memories man!!! :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks all, glad you're all enjoying it :)

Alex

thanks so much for the release man! love this track

Asdrael

I had a look at the .rdf. I didn't see anything wrong except that 1. it loads as a GPBikes rdf and not a MXB (can't remember if it's TrackEd related to actual .rdf related), so it has one extra section that is undefined ; 2. the checkpoint in the left hander right after the finish line jump (CP16) is too tight compared to the track (if you hug the stakes you won't pass it) ; CP 04 might be too high and missable even if you stay on track (right hairpin at the bottom). Nothing else I can see wrong (well, beside that you forgot to give a height to the pitboards so they are in the ground and you forgot to place the 30s board ;) ).

As I already said - loving everything about this track, and the mix of textures is great.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Skunkie132

Can't wait to try it out, looks amazing anyhow!
Great job, and thanks alot for making these, they really add to the game experience.   :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for looking mate. Actually just fixed it all an hour ago but can't test ride it right now. Will update the zip once done ;)