• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:14:36 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Anyone willing to hop on and help learn some basics?

Started by Clintos, August 05, 2018, 01:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clintos

Anyone will to jump on to help me learn some basics and how to setup bike suspension properly? I have a discord so that could make things easier
Training to get better every single day.

loinen

what exactly do you want to learn? you are MXS admin, I guess you know how physics works in MXS, it's almost the same in MXB except weight transfer and gyro effect which you can learn on your own by training.

for setups check the board you visited already in the past. there are topics with obvious names, analyze them, try the results of your analysis. i personally make susp a bit softer sometimes, sometimes i change sprockets (for SX mostly). try default then change one setting, check the effect, repeat.
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?board=17.0

these are the basic basics :)

Clintos

Yeah, i come from the mx simulator world, i have been playing a one of servers with forest just running laps maybe 20 every now and then, i starting to get the feel of it but the games feels and handles alot different to sim so i find there is a bit more of a learning curve.

loinen

August 05, 2018, 10:40:31 AM #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:57:23 PM by loinen
forest is one of the easiest tracks. if you want faster skillboost go to SX - more pain but more gain :D if it's not your way then run through as many as possible tracks, don't fix on a single one for too long. Paleta is the best track for training whips/scrubs.
in MXB virtual pilot hands follow your stick in every micro move, in MXS it works almost like if you'd play on keyboard e.g. when you move stick left and return it to full vertical pos bike doesn't return to full vertical until you start "pressing" right. i think this is the main reason why MXB handling may feel so different to MXS riders. try to play with Direct Lean value in the game settings (i'd recommend to set 100 or close)

Asdrael

Honestly it is a game... The only way to get better is to find your way and practice. I would recommend getting the OEM pack as a start but I am biased ;)

I would go as follow:

1. Find a controller setting you like. Not only the layout, you have a lot of parameters you can touch (smoothen, linearity come to mind). They can really affect how you ride.

2. Set a Direct Lean you like. Try it at 100% and at 20% to get idea what it does, and play a bit. Mine is at 75% I think.

3. Find a bike you like and practice. The easiest bike currently is Alta with the Eco engine map. Otherwise, a RM125 or RMZ250 are the easy choices in theory category. I would advise against 450s for now.

4. For tracks, Forrest is a good starter track. Then you should get a good feel what you like. Starting out in SX, I think JS 7 compound south sx very easy and teaches the basics in a forgiving way. Actually, you can most likely just load JS7 compound and switch between south sx and national layout to train.

5. Keep having fun.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Clintos

Quote from: Asdrael on August 05, 2018, 11:23:04 AM
Honestly it is a game... The only way to get better is to find your way and practice. I would recommend getting the OEM pack as a start but I am biased ;)

I would go as follow:

1. Find a controller setting you like. Not only the layout, you have a lot of parameters you can touch (smoothen, linearity come to mind). They can really affect how you ride.

2. Set a Direct Lean you like. Try it at 100% and at 20% to get idea what it does, and play a bit. Mine is at 75% I think.

3. Find a bike you like and practice. The easiest bike currently is Alta with the Eco engine map. Otherwise, a RM125 or RMZ250 are the easy choices in theory category. I would advise against 450s for now.

4. For tracks, Forrest is a good starter track. Then you should get a good feel what you like. Starting out in SX, I think JS 7 compound south sx very easy and teaches the basics in a forgiving way. Actually, you can most likely just load JS7 compound and switch between south sx and national layout to train.

5. Keep having fun.

Yeah thanks im definitely having alot of fun with the game, just looking some more people to play with aswell as it makes it even more fun aswell. Thorougly enjoying compared to when i last played it.

albinaguerette

This is said from my experience: to improve - try different controller settings, experiment with Direct Lean, choose suitable bikes, and explore various tracks. Study tutorials and analyze top players. Review your gameplay, learn from losses, and stay updated on patches)) Stay patient, and most importantly, enjoy the process of learning and improving! Researching and studying are the most essential part of the beginning basics learning.

beverlynorvell

July 27, 2023, 12:33:09 AM #7 Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 11:55:29 AM by beverlynorvell
Finding an older expert to help you with the most effective tips is the easiest way. For example, I decided to make my student life easier and to ask someone more professional than me to do my homework. So I researched and discovered https://assignmentbro.com/us/do-my-homework which is a source of great quality writers and experts who give me valuable examples of assignments. Now I know what my perfectly done tasks should look like. I hope you will get learning assistance here, too. Good luck!