• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:23:38 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Aaaaaw yissss!  ;D
Looking good man!  :)

Ruubs

July 29, 2016, 09:17:26 PM #182 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:19:41 PM by Sandbiter
Started this 2 hours ago.
Learned myself a new technique for making base terrains. The best thing I ever learned myself! So quick and so accurate!

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 29, 2016, 10:24:40 PM
Really u just now learned that!

Man u need to stick around!!

Google is all so powerful :)

My local track actually shows up on Google in 3D and I have been tinkering to get it right.

Shhhhhh........it's a secret. But a totally revamped OMSC

You're talking about real height data?
I've used real height data for years already, but on 99% of the tracks it sucks, just like on Southwick.

I didn't use google at all actually. I just got the stupid idea to make a trackpath in 3ds max and it worked beautifully!

I used the real height data as a reference, but modelled the track path in with 3ds max.
https://gyazo.com/391b2e0078f584c1d042d9123668ec2c

I looked a lot at videos and photo's to get the same elevation as in real life. The track path looked good, so I rendered it. Then the photoshop part. I duplicated the track path I rendered a couple of times, did some blurs and I got the offtrack which is about 80% correct just after some blurring from the trackpath.

Real height data from the interwebs:

My terrain now:

Ruubs

Oh sorry.

Yes that's true. The image definitly helped me a lot!

That wasn't the thing what was new for me though. I've used that for years now.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think it depends how old the height data is, unless it's all one entity I'm guessing they update it on a similar frequency to how often they update the image.

Google earth data seems a lot more accurate / high quality but unfortunately that's still not available I don't think :(

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geofanatec on July 29, 2016, 10:24:40 PM
Really u just now learned that!

Man u need to stick around!!

Google is all so powerful :)

My local track actually shows up on Google in 3D and I have been tinkering to get it right.

Shhhhhh........it's a secret. But a totally revamped OMSC

Not trying to throw you to the wolves here, but are you making the supermoto track too? ;D

Ruubs

July 30, 2016, 01:59:57 PM #188 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:23:09 PM by Sandbiter
is anyone interested in watching me make southwick? I'll put up a stream if people want it.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

July 30, 2016, 03:09:00 PM #189 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:10:51 PM by TheFatController
Oh I watched a vid earlier where the sm track had some dirt.. But you know, I'm not interested in the sm track, just seems like a nice little complex :D

Ruubs

July 30, 2016, 05:12:03 PM #190 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:10:49 PM by Sandbiter
Trees will be redone. Textures are not final. Terrain is not final.

Braap570

Ruubs

Quote from: Braap570 on August 06, 2016, 04:20:13 AM
Its looking Awesome!
Thanks! I love working on it!

If you see anything that seems 'off' to you, please tell me. I'll then have a look at it and possible change it. The terrain is made in such way that I can delete every single bump and rut if noone likes it.

GDUBMX

Looking good Biter,  I think it would all look better if you took the people out.  I mean unless they are 3d animated models like a triple a title they generally look crap in games. Of course it's just my opinion and you certainly have the right to tell me to go f myself haha. Looking good none the less
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />