• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:56:36 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Community thoughts about ripped models

Started by pacopastor34, March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

Quote from: geofanatec on March 31, 2016, 03:46:24 AM
Thats why I said "the value is in the model", lol!
I totally agree geo! Hopefully once i get these models up (in the next 24 hrs i hope) y'all can get it on the servers! (if you're part of MXBC)

GDUBMX

Quote from: MotoStar on March 31, 2016, 03:24:59 AM
well first off, i like to spend more than 8 hours on a skin. second, making a real high quality model doesnt happen in 8 hours, it happens in 'hundreds' of hours, but I totally agree that i love to put work into something and see people appreciate it! Thats why i am releasing this Kawasaki to the community, and no offense to anyone but the models i will be uploading in the near future i.e. 2016 KXF and 2016 FE KTM are a bit beyond anything in this game yet. All im saying is that ask guys like 'cr' and other model creators, and making a skin/paint for the community and a model are not even in the same conversation. People just need to show respect for these models and modelers and not just say "well ill make a graphics kit so we're even", and if you think it is that easy than go create a new HQ model.
clearly you lack the capability of understanding an example of what I was referring to. Believe me I know better than anyone about the monumental amount of work between the two, honestly I'm not sure whether to be seriously insulted or amazed by the shear mental ineptness you are displaying. It's apples to oranges. I thought by my ridiculous times that it was obvious they were examples,  I apologize for not explaining in a better way. So are you making these models yourself or are you simply importing them? which of course is a task itself. 2ndly,  was the previous kx model an example of your work?  If so,  I'd have to point out the quality wasn't "beyond" anything we've seen. Pibosos and Rc's models are top notch.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

MotoStar, if releasing this KX is causing you so much grief that you feel the need to insult other model creators and talk down to people then please do us all a favor, don't release it, just keep it to yourself.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 30, 2016, 02:52:10 PM
I'm still not sure you are grasping the fundamentals. Seeing as I run Central I figured it might be worth my time just making sure nothing I host is illegal, and it turns out it's not.
That's another reason why I don't personally like too much the idea of MXBC.

If people upload shady models to MEGA, that's their responsibility.
If you host them on MXBC, it's your responsibility. It can get messy pretty quickly (if the game gets big enough to attract attention).

Mace-x

March 31, 2016, 03:33:29 PM #49 Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:35:19 PM by Mace-x
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 12:27:54 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on March 30, 2016, 02:52:10 PM
I'm still not sure you are grasping the fundamentals. Seeing as I run Central I figured it might be worth my time just making sure nothing I host is illegal, and it turns out it's not.
That's another reason why I don't personally like too much the idea of MXBC.

If people upload shady models to MEGA, that's their responsibility.
If you host them on MXBC, it's your responsibility. It can get messy pretty quickly (if the game gets big enough to attract attention).

Not at all, but it can get messy pretty quick so is nice to have such great guys behind the site.
The site is a host site, meaning it has no affiliation with the content on it and, if anyone puts a complain i´m sure the matter will be resolved fast and clean.
Just look at http://puremxs.com/ , site is shit, full of crap and ripped content and that´s not an issue for the site, it´s an issue for the players, try to look for something that works and looks good there, it´s a mess.

This game has a big problem with a good side , the problem is that is hard at first to import textures or models ingame and there´s lack of proper documentation, the good thing about that is that filters the crap skin makers and kids (Sorry kids, you are annoying in sims  ;D ).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You got it Mace, and I hope it doesn't get to the stage where MXBC becomes flooded with crap!

MaX, I know what you're saying and this is just one of the reasons I've built it so the first 3 posts from an author need to be approved after being submitted. Me and or gdub look at each one and make sure as best we can that it's a genuine submission and not violating the terms of the site such as a rip. I think it's fair to say that someone who uploads 3 genuine items can most likely* be trusted from then on.

However, I reserve the right to pull the plug at any time. I'm not in it for money (you won't find a donate button for MXBC) just for a hobby, and for that reason alone if it's abused it will be gone.

* most likely, not indefinitely ;)

Braap570

There is the online racing Problem too.
You need every Model which is online to get to the Server, right?!
So if it s like i think right now,  you would need every released Model. So if i have to buy stuff (which i maybe would not use just to Play online)  i would be out of this game (if my thoughts are wrong here just ignore it haha...
(I Know atm im not online or in the game cause im travelling through the us)...

Besides that: the buying things in mxs is crap: I asked someons for a price for a PDS. Then i asked a friend of mine if he can ask the same guy for the same PDS. To me the guy said 30 Dollars. To my friend to se same gear 35 which is ridiculous. I know you cant say that everyone acts like that but if you start here like mxs does, the community would change. And personally I like the "familiar" community right now  :)
I hope you can umderstand my bad english haha

GDUBMX

Quote from: Braap570 on March 31, 2016, 06:14:23 PM
So if it s like i think right now,  you would need every released Model. So if i have to buy stuff (which i maybe would not use just to Play online)  i would be out of this game (if my thoughts are wrong here just ignore it haha...
(I Know atm im not online or in the game cause im travelling through the us)...

Besides that: the buying things in mxs is crap: I asked someons for a price for a PDS. Then i asked a friend of mine if he can ask the same guy for the same PDS. To me the guy said 30 Dollars. To my friend to se same gear 35 which is ridiculous. I know you cant say that everyone acts like that but if you start here like mxs does, the community would change. And personally I like the "familiar" community right now  :)
I hope you can umderstand my bad english haha
Understand you no problem mate,  I agree with you.  I'm not sure what is is about their community that makes some guys feel over important,its a shame cuz there is some good guys. But the charging for items like you said is a shame. This community has been great, everyone helps eachother and there isn't any of the attitude. We don't want to start a US Vs them debate nor to divide our community, we just don't want any similarities with them besides a motocross simulator.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: Braap570 on March 31, 2016, 06:14:23 PM
You only need the model that are "installed" on the server. No more.

PizzaChet

With that said, would it be easy to implement a "missing files" list after being denied access to a server with such content? To narrow down what you need.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

CSchmied986

Quote from: geofanatec on March 31, 2016, 09:00:50 PM
In all my forum posts (and on website) I have DL files for what you need. Easy enough.

Be easier if it would just not do the whole "missing bike" thing in first place. I can see if you have a bike the server doesn't then it won't let you in and display the message it currently displays. BUT I don't see why you need ALL the bikes the server has and can't use the one you on?
I agree and disagree. Considering this game lets you completely modify and design a bikes geom/engn etc. i think thats a good idea, so you have every advantage as everyone else, and its only models so thats pretty easy to do because so far its really only the 09crf models and soon to be KXF models. Also, there are stock servers if you dont have or want to race with modded bikes.

Vortex_Damien

if there are any changes with any of the files the server will not let you in.

CSchmied986

Well I think for a while good models will be rare, and at some point I think the server hosts will only put the highest quality models, but either way it should let you in and just show those people on default bikes. Hopefully that will come in further updates.

HornetMaX

I can see if you have a bike the server doesn't then it won't let you in and display the message it currently displays.
No, if you have installed locally (on your PC) a bike that the server doesn't have, you can connect to the server (only with one of the server's bikes, of course).

BUT I don't see why you need ALL the bikes the server has and can't use the one you on?
You need all the bikes because other riders may be using them. That's normal.

Quote from: PizzaChet on March 31, 2016, 08:51:28 PM
With that said, would it be easy to implement a "missing files" list after being denied access to a server with such content? To narrow down what you need.
It has been requested a bunch of times on GPB. No joy up to now.

Ruubs

January 28, 2017, 06:07:19 PM #59 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:18:24 PM by Sandbiter
I might get hate for this, people might agree. But this has to stop. This isn't right. Have fun reading.

Is everyone still agreeing we shouldn't rip models from other games (ride 2 or MXGP for example)? I am. The guys developing these games will agree that it's not allowed to rip their files and put it in another game. Let alone having a donation button on a website full of ripped content.

After I saw that pacopastor34 released a couple of really well made bike models in a short amount of time, and him being vague on where the models came from (for both Mx Bikes and Gp Bikes), I started to wonder what the truth behind this all was.

I've thought about things, but didn't really want to invest my time into getting proof behind all this. After I saw the MXGP 3 trailer a few days ago I started to think about it again. Milestone is working really hard, and doing a great job on making games with good content. I as a wanna be game dev (and hopefully future game dev) am shocked that people are ripping models from another game (even after having a topic of a couple of pages saying it shouldn't be done).

The only suspect I have (at the moment) is pacopastor34. Pacopastor34 already ripped MXGP models previously, as seen in the first page of this thread. The community has come to a conclussion that it's not allowed to do this, and that we won't this this anymore. Pacopastor34 thinks differently though!

You should all know that I don't have a problem with pacopastor34 himself, neither with the content he creates (unless it's ripped). His upcomming track looks really cool, and I can't wait for it. I'm just trying to make it clear that ripping models from other games is not allowed and that we really shouldn't do this.

Here are a couple of posts from pacopastor34 on 'his' newly released bikes.
Quote from: pacopastor34 on January 01, 2017, 09:47:10 PM
I put a 3D model(with some textures and making some shaders) (Not made by me and not jay's model) and fitted in a 250xf geom tweaking some parts in order to be close as possible to the original 250xf because I noticed it has some husky and ktm measurements and engine data.
In order to don't fake the simulation I don't want to put "creative" values for change handling or match 3d with geom file.

Quote from: pacopastor34 on January 02, 2017, 08:29:30 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on January 02, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
Thanks Paco! I love the look of these huskys. I wish I had one in real life.

Might be a good thing to give credit to the creator of the model btw. :)

Not in this case, the model creator is not important in this case. And he is not going to come here like in the "bikesgate". Haha.

Don't worry about that. This bikes came from the same place that all the Gpbikes come. The bikes heaven. Only the community knows where they come from. The first fight club rule is...

How is it not important who the model creator is? He's even laughing about it.
"This bikes came from the same place that all the Gpbikes come. The bikes heaven. Only the community knows where they come from." Good to know Gp Bikes is full of ripped content as well! I'm sure Piboso and Snappe are happy to hear this.

I know, he didn't say he made it. He didn't even make clear he converted it (at least not in the original post which contains the download link). He didn't mind giving ANY credit to the creators neither. And is he even trying to make money off of it (otherwise he wouldn't have a donation button on his website, would he?).

Releasing a ripped bike on his own is quite something already, isn't it? What about releasing the actual template files with that as well? That's what pacopastor34 did too. He released templates for the models (made by Milestone).

To gather proof I had to unpack files from Ride 2 and MXGP to look if the templates where the same. I didn't find all this by accident. I didn't rip anything. I've thought that pacopastor34 ripped from either game for some time now already and I finally took the time to look if my assumptions were true. I don't have the ride 2 supermoto files. That means that I don't have the husqvarna and ktm files. I can show the MXGP bike templates and ride 2 bike templates though. I'm sure that's enough proof to show that pacopastor34 is ripping from either game.

I put 'Rip' text all over the images. That way people won't be able to save these and use them for anything. I also used gyazo, that causes the image size to be wrong as well. I also didn't include the shadows layer on the template.
Original MXGP helmet model (not the Airoh Aviator which pacopastor34 ripped):

'Pacopastor34' helmet:

Original MXGP bike model (not the Airoh Aviator which pacopastor34 ripped):

'Pacopastor34' bike:

As you can see, everything is skinned exactly the same. The UV technique used for both was the same as well. It's clear that pacopastor34 is still ripping models from other games. Not only for Mx Bikes, but also for Gp Bikes.

The following are the released models which are ripped from either Ride 2 and / or MXGP game.
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1431.0
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1494.0
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1458.0

And lastly some videos of Ride 2 and MXGP. This shows the models in it's original game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKJ5l5A0pn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGp8s5TsLrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5U_ajCQfqM

Pacopastor34 most likely used a program which rips 3d models from games. I looked that up and found a couple. I'm not going to post those here because I don't want people to use those.

I doubt pacopastor34 is the only one doing this. Pacopastor34 is just unlucky that I've found out that he is one of the few that's doing it. We've got to stop this.