• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:53:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Community thoughts about ripped models

Started by pacopastor34, March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Not talking about a car 3d model. Was talking about real life.
If the thief is having fun we shouldn't care though.

I'm liking every MX game from Milestone so far. They're fun.

pacopastor34

January 28, 2017, 07:48:43 PM #76 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:51:24 PM by pacopastor34
Quote from: Sandbiter on January 28, 2017, 07:43:38 PM
Not talking about a car 3d model. Was talking about real life.
If the thief is having fun we shouldn't care though.

I'm liking every MX game from Milestone so far. They're fun.

Stop crying, go to police. I didn't want to be rude but you're being so heavy with this. PM me if you have some problems but stop filling the forum with your ethics lesson. PLEASE.

StoneRider

Mace-x

Sorry guys, i intend to be a game dev aswell and i see what´s the point behind sandy´s statements.
It´s not like we are ripping any game code, menus, ui, ideas or core stuff from milestone, i think that pirating their game is way worse than any rip able content, their game is what makes money for them, i have them all and love them aswell.
Paco is doing a pretty good job there, is not ripping it and doing stupid shit, he´s actually taking time to setup each thing correctly and releasing them with good textures, materials and normals, everything is being taken care of so thanks a lot for that, is not the same to rip and destroy content than rip something and make it look awesome.
Sorry but i will continue to use ´em.

Quote from: pacopastor34
Not in this case, the model creator is not important in this case. And he is not going to come here like in the "bikesgate". Haha.
I dont like this attitude tho, it´s a comment that can be taken as rude, on the other hand we dont have any fucking clue to who did the models in order to ask/thank/give credits so...

Ruubs

I don't get why everyone doesn't mind the ripping models now. The first 5 pages everyone is agreeing that it shouldn't be done.

Now people are calling me a snitch, asshole and whatever.

My post wasn't to make pacopastor look bad, nothing like that. I just wanted to be clear because I feel like 90% of the time when I post something noone understands what I am saying.

Well, I'm done. Have fun stealing models for now. It's really weird how so many of you changed your mind in a couple of months..

Mace-x

If you readed my statement before i´m ok with it, as long as it´s done with respect, credits when due and quality that represents the awesome work that milestone did.

i´m against ripped content when people make bad use of it, as parts of skins/models and calling them their own, that´s me tho and i respect you sandy for the integrity you´re showing, i mean, that´s your opinnion and it´s a perfect valid one, well, by facts is more valid than mine..

i dont think you are a snitch or an asshole, if anything i respect you for everything you do in the community and you´re always a nice person so no issues there  :)

GDUBMX

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 28, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

My post wasn't to make pacopastor look bad, nothing like that.

Well Sandy, thats exactly what is looks like im afraid mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: Mace-x on January 28, 2017, 10:26:32 PM
If you readed my statement before i´m ok with it, as long as it´s done with respect, credits when due and quality that represents the awesome work that milestone did.

i´m against ripped content when people make bad use of it, as parts of skins/models and calling them their own, that´s me tho and i respect you sandy for the integrity you´re showing, i mean, that´s your opinnion and it´s a perfect valid one, well, by facts is more valid than mine..
I totally agree that Paco did an awesome job importing the models. He really did.

Quote from: Mace-x on January 28, 2017, 10:26:32 PM
i dont think you are a snitch or an asshole, if anything i respect you for everything you do in the community and you´re always a nice person so no issues there  :)
Thanks Mace. Love you <3

Quote from: gdubmx on January 28, 2017, 10:58:02 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on January 28, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

My post wasn't to make pacopastor look bad, nothing like that.

Well Sandy, thats exactly what is looks like im afraid mate.
I'm sorry. I just wanted to be clear, otherwise people wouldn't understand me again, because I seem vague at times it seems.
Unfortunately the internet doesn't express emotion, that's why people always tend to bitch at me...

Asdrael

Re-reading the first page of this thread makes it all the more funny.

If you chose to rip other games, at least have the balls to come out clean and say it at release, not when you get "caught". I for one had no idea the models came from MXGP and thought they came from some open access 3D database, like the Sketchup Warehouse (that actually has pretty cool things like the AMA stadiums in it, that I used, and mentioned). If those were kept for personal use, whatever, but it's posted openly on the official forums of a commercial game as user created content. I'd be surprised if PiBoSo din't nuke the threads now.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

like he did on GP bikes ? it's about geo's servers. (and teeds) Not piboso's game

Ruubs

Quote from: StoneRider on January 28, 2017, 11:27:47 PM
like he did on GP bikes ? it's about geo's servers. (and teeds) Not piboso's game
Did geo know though?
If he did then it's a little different story haha.

PiBoSo

January 28, 2017, 11:47:35 PM #86 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:49:49 PM by PiBoSo
Personally I hate unauthorized conversions.
I immensely prefer scratch made models, even in case of inferior quality.
However, there is no way for me to patrol the forum for releases and know if they include ripped models or textures.
It would be nice for converters to at least write a big, red disclaimer: "These models / textures are ripped from a game"

Of course until Milestone's lawyers will send me a letter... It's still "MX Bikes Official Forum", after all...

pacopastor34

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 28, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
Personally I hate unauthorized conversions.
I immensely prefer scratch made models, even in case of inferior quality.
However, there is no way for me to patrol the forum for releases and know if they include ripped models or textures.
It would be nice for converters to at least write a big, red disclaimer: "These models / textures are ripped from a game"

Of course until Milestone's lawyers will send me a letter... It's still "MX Bikes Official Forum", after all...

I did it in the first conversion, but after been involved on gpbikes community I decided to simply upload the bikes, say that the models are not made by myself and let the people think whatever they want. And I thought it was better to don't put any Milestone/MXGP2/MXGP references in the forum. If you recieve a letter, let me know. All will be removed directly. It's not my goal to cause troubles to you nor anybody else. I prefer, of course, to do all the content from scratch, but the sad truth is that I don't have the time to do it right now.

If the people would upload a scratch made model of a bike that I previously converted I would be glad to remove my converted bike.(I put much more value in a scratch made model than a converted bike, even if the model is not the best)

I can not understand why in GPBikes there's not a discussion like this when we are using those bikes... Maybe there are not bussiness interestings in the GPbikes community and the people just want to have some fun after work like me.

At the first 5 pages of the thread some people were against those models because they expected a lot of brand new bikes made by the community, but now we have two or three models and from those just one creator did it for the community,and the other one is selling a fucking template for 75$ each one.

Do you prefer to pay 75$ for something it's not completely done or out of date?(It's not an attack to anybody, it's just the sad truth)

Do you ask to the BRANDS what they think about a person who copy a bike model and is taking profit of it?

I am so close to the 30's and the only thing I want is to have some fun with friends with a GAME, It's not my intention to earn money and fame with those models.

PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU

𝖙𝖋𝖈

January 29, 2017, 01:13:03 PM #88 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:28:38 PM by TFC
Personally I'm sick of people using the argument of whether someone copying a decal, logo or design of a bike / track or whatever is as bad.

We're not debating the ethics of recreating this stuff because it's irrelevant, and using it as an argument is just an excuse.

You're talking about ripping content from a sold product and while it's a gray area one thing is very clear. You're probably ok doing it but the second you stand to make any gains from your actions you're breaking the law.

You're not selling them, I do think you need to be clear about where they came from, and I think you need to remove any PayPal donate buttons you might have. Even getting donations for the work you put in to ripping and importing is basically making money from their work, which if milestone feel like it will end you up in court. Trust me, it can happen and has happened before, just look into Square Enix..

Be sensible, keep it free, don't take donations, don't advertise it as yours or anonymous, be specific where it came from. If you're sure you want to supply us with these models then stand by you're decision and don't stoop to using distracting arguments ;)

I mean let's face it. We may as well use the bikes, As if there is any comeback it will only be on Paco ;D

pacopastor34

January 29, 2017, 01:54:05 PM #89 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:59:39 PM by pacopastor34
Quote from: TFC on January 29, 2017, 01:13:03 PM
Personally I'm sick of people using the argument of whether someone copying a decal, logo or design of a bike / track or whatever is as bad.

We're not debating the ethics of recreating this stuff because it's irrelevant, and using it as an argument is just an excuse.

You're talking about ripping content from a sold product and while it's a gray area one thing is very clear. You're probably ok doing it but the second you stand to make any gains from your actions you're breaking the law.

You're not selling them, I do think you need to be clear about where they came from, and I think you need to remove any PayPal donate buttons you might have. Even getting donations for the work you put in to ripping and importing is basically making money from their work, which if milestone feel like it will end you up in court. Trust me, it can happen and has happened before, just look into Square Enix..

Be sensible, keep it free, don't take donations, don't advertise it as yours or anonymous, be specific where it came from. If you're sure you want to supply us with these models then stand by you're decision and don't stoop to using distracting arguments ;)

I mean let's face it. We may as well use the bikes, As if there is any comeback it will only be on Paco ;D

The donation button was asked to me by some people for the time I'm spending in general. Some people is close to me and we talk by discord almost daily and they know  how much time I'm spending and I NEVER asked anyone to pay a penny. The button wasn't there before and it's totally free to donate or no. But currently it's removed, I don't want any misunderstandings.

Edit: You're not talking about ethics. But I think you're the only one. The person who started the fire again its talking about that. Comparing what I did with stealing a car....oh man.