• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Thanks for the offer.

I fixed it by renaming a texture. I have no idea why. ("dirtwet" to "wetdirt" and no there was no _ involved).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on August 06, 2016, 12:03:58 AM
Thanks for the offer.

I fixed it by renaming a texture. I have no idea why. ("dirtwet" to "wetdirt" and no there was no _ involved).
Alright!
I'm glad you figured it out!

A question for everyone here.
It seems like capitals in object textures names don't work, am I right?

Asdrael

Question of the day.

Is it possible to build the .THT file so that some material layers have deformation enabled and other not?

For example, in an SX track, I would like a 0.01 thickness layer with deformation on top of a non-deformable base. if I do not include a thickness parameter for the base, it still seems to have deformation enabled.

(I want to enable it to have visual changes but no almost no riding changes in select parts of a track).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

A darn good question. If there is not a way, could it be something implemented in the future? Perhaps a dry sun burnt soil material, or something similar that wouldn't deform, or just the ability to disable deformation for a certain layer..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Does the 'SHAD' prefix work in MXB?

I've tried using it in Blender on two one sided planes (off track floor) such as SHAD_plane, but am not getting shadows..

These parts of the track are not rideable, but the only solution I can find currently is to give them TRK surfaces to allow them to generate shadows..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on August 21, 2016, 06:34:38 PM
Question of the day.

Is it possible to build the .THT file so that some material layers have deformation enabled and other not?

For example, in an SX track, I would like a 0.01 thickness layer with deformation on top of a non-deformable base. if I do not include a thickness parameter for the base, it still seems to have deformation enabled.

(I want to enable it to have visual changes but no almost no riding changes in select parts of a track).

At the moment it's not possible, but a new, very compact, material is planned.

Asdrael

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 24, 2016, 02:28:42 PMAt the moment it's not possible, but a new, very compact, material is planned.

Thanks for the update.

I do not know how you build the code for track "building", but wouldn't it be possible to disable deformation by simply not stating a thickness value? This would end up making stuff very flexible. More materials are always welcome of course ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on August 24, 2016, 12:52:05 PM

I've tried using it in Blender on two one sided planes (off track floor) such as SHAD_plane, but am not getting shadows..

These parts of the track are not rideable, but the only solution I can find currently is to give them TRK surfaces to allow them to generate shadows..

It should work  :-\

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on August 24, 2016, 03:20:58 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 24, 2016, 02:28:42 PMAt the moment it's not possible, but a new, very compact, material is planned.

Thanks for the update.

I do not know how you build the code for track "building", but wouldn't it be possible to disable deformation by simply not stating a thickness value? This would end up making stuff very flexible. More materials are always welcome of course ;)

It would be more flexible, but would also allow very strange combos, like a soft soil that doesn't deform.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 24, 2016, 03:21:33 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on August 24, 2016, 12:52:05 PM

It should work  :-\

Hmm.. Anyone have any experience of using the SHAD prefix in Blender?

I know I'm adding it correctly as another plane uses TRKCONC in the outliner as the object name and sure enough it's rideable..

Maybe I'm missing something, sure I've used SHAD in sketchup before with no issues.

Ruubs

Does someone (perhaps from GP bikes) know how Grooveski made his wooden fences on this track?
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2043.msg62841#msg62841

I don't have an account on that forum so I'm not able to ask him myself (offcourse I could make an account, but that's just grazy for one question).

I've tried making the exact same fence in 3ds max. I'm using the railing object type (AEC extended). But every time I try to export FBX2EDF it crashes. Tried exporting the railing object into another scene (also back in again), not working. Tried 'normal' modifier etc. Tried everything I could think of but nother worked. I'm 100% sure it's the railing object type which causes it, even when I change it to an editable poly object. Is this an FBX2EDF bug or am I doing something wrong?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

In blender I would make one part and use the array modifier with a curve to lay it.. Not sure what you would do in max though..

Ruubs

I could take a look if there is an array modifier or something similar. There are more roads that lead to rome.

Ruubs

September 24, 2016, 07:38:32 PM #223 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:42:36 PM by Sandbiter
I have no idea why FBX2EDF crashes now. Everything seems fine... it just crashes once start it. Southwick might never get done like this...

EDIT--
Fixed it. Be sure your materials are all asigned correctly! :-[

Ruubs

Having some problems with shadows on my track.

Some objects with TRKCONC prefix don't make a shadow. As far as I know it should, shouldn't it? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?