• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:49:24 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 Kawasaki 250/450/450sm V2.1

Started by StoneRider, April 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickuzick

June 05, 2016, 11:15:03 PM #60 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:24:32 PM by nickuzick
If you get people that are new, and been previously involved with mxs it'll happen.

ChrisK

just Close this thread, its so supid.

PiBoSo

Some persons wrote about written terms of use and end user agreements. While these are very important for serious issues, at this level ( mods for for a motocross simulator ) it's probably better to step down a little, and respect what the model creator thinks is fair use, and what is not.
Of course this issue will be something to consider when deciding to purchase more models in the future.

In general paid mods are not evil per-se. They can be useful to attract good artists and give more choice of mods. However, donations would probably work much better ( maybe Patreon? ).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

+1 on the donations over paid. The community has backed that opinion since the first talk of paid for content.

Download pages restored.

StoneRider

GDUBMX

Happy days!  Thanks again Stone for the import work mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Niko Mouk

Some interesting things here, nickuzick could you ask Jay to fix mudlayers please ? Because StoneRider bought the without those layers and got pain to do something beautiful.
Thank you, and ho please bring us coffee with 1,25 sugar.

NOEDIT : Daaamn I paid Glen Helen 2016 on MXS and I can't use it in my second home as it's locked by IP address, this game becomes such a scam, creators selling OBJ with a never seen licence, big brothered tracks, daaamn...  8)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

HornetMaX

Yawn ... I'm glad in GPB we've not yet reached that point (and hopefully never will).

My suggested course of actions for whoever paid for the model: you bought a 3d model. Unless there's an explicit limitation on its usage, you're free to do what you want with it (except maybe reselling as is). Now, even if you're legally entitled to do so, if the creator insists on you not putting the model in MXB, then ask for your money back: if he agrees, destroy all the models, end of the story. You walk out of this as a gentlemen and the creator as a greedy chap. If no money back, keep everything up.

@Piboso: pretty please, never ever put any protection mechanism in your sims' modded content. It's the only way to keep sharks at bay (i.e. at MXS :) ). I don't care if it will keep some "talented" modders away from MXB. I've seen amateur modders becoming as good as pros, so ...

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Jay

Quote from: PizzaChet on June 05, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
You have no idea how much I'm holding back about Jay and another money grubbing profiteer from MXS. Total disregard for all the people that broke their backs to make these communities better out of PASSION and LOVE of sharing. I just hope that getting tarred and feathered in public prevents more evil types from gouging people.

Go for it bro, lets see what you got...   ::)

I have worked for Nordic games and I am currently contracted for other 3d graphic art work- So why should I not charge a mere 2.5% of what I make of the same model at a professional level... I also, like every other job I have- pay tax... because that is what happens when money enters your bank account with the tag income. (to the guy who wants some tax docs from me... dude its called an accountant I honestly just sign the papers and smile... No you will never see those papers I think they are personal/confidential whatever but they probably don't concern you tbh.)

I also will not peruse any legal action as I (Like all of you talking about legal rights) have never studied law and don't have the 1st clue about the rights of this bike model...- Anyone raising concern for legal rights should re access what they would consider getting a lawyer for as a private video game model probably doesnt need a lawyer.. just my 2 cents.

Guy who asked me to fix mud layers... This model was never intended for this game and this is the main reason I dont want to to be used- because things like this make the bike look less than its full potential therefor marking my own works reputation based on the faulty and bodged import Job this guy has done.

I also Had no idea this guy had even bought the bike... as "Stone Rider" does not come up anywhere on any invoices .. however If the guy had used his product licence key like it was stated that he should when releasing Team content only--- Yes I believe there was a claws in there that this content was for Team purposes only not to be publicly released in this fashion (the proof is in this- Try find a similar release on this bike on the MXS forums... the one this bike was intended for...) However wrong use of my files aside if he had of used his licence key at least I would have known he bought it and tbh I would have probably just left it at "fuck I wish that guy didnt do that the model looks like ass"

Im trying to answer as many of you as possible so bear with me here...

He then Pm'd me on the MXS forum with 3 very angry threatening messages (Using the account he bought the bike with which again if he just showed some proof he actually bought the bike I would have not pursued it further) in which he threatened to in spite release my entire bike files etc- Now I really cant stop you nor will I persue any action if you do however I will never sell another blend file .. only the PSD and JM files as the models will now no longer reach this game ( This is not through me disliking this game but merely as a puppet behind the PC decided to flex his muscles so Im quite happy to cut off the flow of model files as it wont effect me) I would still like to see the reciept for the KTM though as Im not sure if he purchased that one.

Quote from: StoneRider on June 05, 2016, 01:55:50 PM
You CAN'T be serious Jay wtf is wrong is with you ?blah blah blah blah
Again this would be fixed if you included your licence key so I actually knew you bought them. Also if by allot you mean a few hundred- please re access your view of allot of money.

Now to everyone saying this community can make better models...... If you think so, go on, do it--- stop taking it from MXS if your all so elitist.

I currently have no desire to come here and model because I dont play video games- I make stuff for my friends on MXS and collect some coin as I go.

Is Chris K the DDavis of this community... he sure sounds like it.

Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 09:45:34 PM

In answer to you
You wouldn't know the first thing about me let alone plenty and Darn right I want money from random people to use my stuff- what makes you think I care about you enough to give you my hard work for free... I have already plenty of free creations.

Im controlling so the model doesn't look like trash due to a shitty conversion job. not just because im a dick.

"even though you cant handle it" That makes you an idiot. The suck asses that want everything for nothing will say otherwise but wise people will say you are silly.

Don't respect charging money ey? When you buy your groceries please spit on the register lady and say how disgusting it is money seems to flow from your pocket.

MXS cant respect you are using their stuff just until you apparently get better stuff whilst you take the piss out of MXS yeah If I was this MXS I would be mad too...

Why re invent the wheel when you can just grab someone else wheel thats way better right, I like this guy.
btw you could apply this logic to this entire game thus making it stupid right>? why make MX Bikes when Sim existed??? hopefully you get my point but you are a silly boy so you likely wont.

"F!@# MXS" ey? you mean the game in which you are taking all your decent content from currently and with this attitude you expect us over at MXS inc to be pleased with such act???

Pacopaster- Tell Nick to Tell me not to bother

Geofanatec..... 1v1 me IRL you seem to have many an issue with me young sir- we shall settle this like men.

End Statement
This bike was made for private use by Teams in the Pro MXS SX and National series it was never advertised publicly for that reason and everyone who bought the bike was made aware that there shall be no public release - hence you will not find one over at MXS. 

It is not because I am selfish that I do not want it in this game but more so that If it was to be put in this game I would have likes it to be done properly and by myself ie to not look like ish.
So this bike nor the KTM have my consent to be in this game nor do any of my future bikes- and you will no longer see a blend file from myself however feel free to use the Husky as it was free and im happy to see you all getting use from it.

My take on this whole issue - either respect what I have said I want done with my content or don't - I have no intention to chase people with lawyers over such small issues however would still strongly preffer the bikes are removed from this game.

thank you,

Ps people who pm'd me either here or MXS and are waiting for a reply I just got home from work so I will work through now however I feel like this will provide a sufficient reply.
Jay.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I guess the part I find confusing, unreasonable etc.. Is that the object was sold as a 3d model (blender, max w/e)..

If you're going to sell a 3d model, you sell it with the full intention or at least expectation of it being used outside of one specific thing.

I think people are used to buying a 3d model from somewhere like turbosquid, and even the ones with the strictest usage rights, those rights only apply to making money from the model.

I understand you might be unhappy about the way some people have behaved over this but that aside, someone bought a 3d model to use as part of a free mod, which is a VERY common practice.

Jay

June 06, 2016, 12:23:59 PM #73 Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:25:48 PM by Jay
Yeah absolutely,

the bike was released as a blend file rigged for use in MXS - not as an obj, 3ds or anything else purely there with MXS pivots ready for people to make edits for sim as intended but as I said I will no longer sell the .blend. 

HornetMaX

Physical threats apart, jay's explanation sounds half-reasonable.
I'm saying half because I still don't understand why if sold for (private) use only in MXS, people are in possession of source 3d model files: as pointed out by ThefatController, if you sell a 3d model ...

Misunderstanding on the allowed usage of the bike model, fine. Settle the "I've paid for it argument" and we're all back to peace and love.

Quote from: Niko Mouk on June 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM
NOEDIT : Daaamn I paid Glen Helen 2016 on MXS and I can't use it in my second home as it's locked by IP address