• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Actually tried this for the first time, great tool. I'll keep it on for the Rumble and the Map, and use suspension Tools to help with setups.

If I may suggest two things:
- Rumble: could we get higher values for the min g force to trigger the rumble? 0.5g is low for MXB, i'd like to see this extended (like0.5; 0.75; 1; 1.5; 2 or Something).
- Suspensions: I'm guessing we can't get that in Replay otherwise you'd have it in already. So to make it flashier to read during gameplay, think you could add color codes (possibly with settings alongside?) Like first 50% is green background, 50-80 yellow; 80-100 red for each side?

Thanks a lot :)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on January 24, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
Actually tried this for the first time, great tool.

Took you a while ;)

If I may suggest two things:
- Rumble: could we get higher values for the min g force to trigger the rumble? 0.5g is low for MXB, i'd like to see this extended (like0.5; 0.75; 1; 1.5; 2 or Something).
Let me explain how it works: you take the acceleration vector of the bike, pass it into a high-pass filter (i.e. each component of the 3d vector is low-pass filtered, at 1Hz) and then you take the magnitude of what comes out, let's call this M. Now you have to transform this scalar into a rotational speed signal for the rumble actuator of the joypad (I only use one of the two that are typically present), let's call this S.

The way it's done is that if M is equal to the threshold (e.g. 0.5g) then S is 0 (no rumble), if M is equal (or greater) to 1g then S = 1 (max rotation speed). Anything in between is linear interpolation.
If I allow you to crank the threshold up to 2g, what can I use as high point for the linear interpolation ?

- Suspensions: I'm guessing we can't get that in Replay otherwise you'd have it in already. So to make it flashier to read during gameplay, think you could add color codes (possibly with settings alongside?) Like first 50% is green background, 50-80 yellow; 80-100 red for each side?
Hmm ... would it be really usefull ? it will change color very often in MXB, a bit of xmas tree effect.
What about just showing (somehow) when you're bottoming out (or close to) ?

Asdrael

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 24, 2017, 10:03:34 PM
If I allow you to crank the threshold up to 2g, what can I use as high point for the linear interpolation ?
Well, instead of scaling it [threshold - 1g] you could scale it [threshold - X times threshold]. I was under the impression that it was like this already, but tbh I quickly changed to the max threshold.

QuoteHmm ... would it be really usefull ? it will change color very often in MXB, a bit of xmas tree effect.
What about just showing (somehow) when you're bottoming out (or close to) ?

I'd be fine with simply a color when at 10% or less. Just to explain: I was trying to figure out when and how hard I was bottoming out on a track. Watching image per image replay gets tiring fast, and riding hard and trying to watch the indicator at the same time is difficult. I should try your telemetry tool, but I feel that's overkill :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on January 24, 2017, 10:14:26 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 24, 2017, 10:03:34 PM
Well, instead of scaling it [threshold - 1g] you could scale it [threshold - X times threshold]. I was under the impression that it was like this already, but tbh I quickly changed to the max threshold.
Honestly, I didn't do any tuning for MXB so yeah, it may not be very good.
I had a 2min test and with the threshold at 0.5g it already vibrates not that much ... if I put it at 2g it will vibrate extremely rarely (just a guesstimate, I'll try).

Quote from: Asdrael on January 24, 2017, 10:14:26 PM
I'd be fine with simply a color when at 10% or less. Just to explain: I was trying to figure out when and how hard I was bottoming out on a track. Watching image per image replay gets tiring fast, and riding hard and trying to watch the indicator at the same time is difficult. I should try your telemetry tool, but I feel that's overkill :p
I'll try to do something to highlight when bottoming.

Asdrael

That's great thanks.

The 0.5g setting is fine (albeit still a bit sensitive) for MX. In SX though, it's vibrating almost non stop, even in the berms. 2g will be too high most likely, buta good way to know when it's bottoming out :p

Thanks for all!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on January 24, 2017, 10:34:34 PM
That's great thanks.

The 0.5g setting is fine (albeit still a bit sensitive) for MX. In SX though, it's vibrating almost non stop, even in the berms. 2g will be too high most likely, buta good way to know when it's bottoming out :p
Well, knowing when bottoming out is not the intended usage of the rumble.
We've had a similar discussion on GPB when I first put the rumble feature out: some were very willing to have the thing vibrate when you lock the front wheel (or rear wheel).
I don't like the idea: it's some sort of artificial help (even if it compensates partially for the fact you're not sitting on the real bike).
Right now it vibrates "when the bike vibrates".

Which SX track can I test it on ? (I suck at MXB in general and at SX in particular).

Asdrael

To be honest, bottoming out a fork in MX can hurt. A lot. The thing is - when you bottom out hard, the g forces of the landing are transfered into your wrist and stop being dampened by the fork. Which is, imo, different from locking a wheel (which actually feels like a moderate decrease in g forces but that's beside the point).

If you want to test, try JS7 South. It's the most mellow of the SX tracks, yet it vibrates for example on the SX triple and when railing the berm after it.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on January 25, 2017, 12:31:55 PM
To be honest, bottoming out a fork in MX can hurt. A lot. The thing is - when you bottom out hard, the g forces of the landing are transfered into your wrist and stop being dampened by the fork.
No doubt it can hurt, of course. But no doubt either that you can feel vibrations simply running over 5cm berms.
I would be against alowing it to rumble for one and not for the other.

Quote from: Asdrael on January 25, 2017, 12:31:55 PM
If you want to test, try JS7 South. It's the most mellow of the SX tracks, yet it vibrates for example on the SX triple and when railing the berm after it.
OK will do.

HornetMaX

v2.0.6 out (2017/02/16):

• Notify when .ini is recreated (due to new version of .ini format).
  • v2.0.6 will recreate your .ini, you'll have to redo all the HUD settings. Sorry :)
  • Introduce profiles: you can set widget on/off status, position and options for each profile independently. Click on the small helmet button (top  right of the menu) to change the current profile. For example, you could set:

• profile 1: all widgets off
    • profile 2: HUDMap an HUDHelmet on, HUDMap rotation off
    • profile 3: HUDMap an HUDHelmet on, HUDMap rotation on
    By default, the position of each widget is the same across the profiles. If you need a per profile position, click on the "pin" icon of the widget.
  • Improved LiveGap: should give more precise timing.
  • Changes in HUDRumble (to better suit to MXB): on top of the rumble strength and threshold, now you can specify a rumble range.

• When the magnitude of the (high-pass filtered) CoG acceleration vector is below or equal to the threshold, the rumble speed is zero (i.e. no rumble).
    • When it's equal to (threshold + range) then the rumble speed is maximal.
    • In between the two points, it's linear interpolation.
    Said otherwise:

• A lower threshold will make the rumble happen earlier (more often).
    • A lover range will make the rumble become stronger earlier.
    • The max strength is still controlled by the strength option.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks MaX, looking forward to trying out the new rumble :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TFC on February 16, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Thanks MaX, looking forward to trying out the new rumble :)
Din't play too much with the new settings. Let me know if they fare better than the previous ones (asdrael in particular had some grievance on SX tracks).

Asdrael

Sounds awesome. I'll give it a proper spin later tonight and let you know, thanks for the work on that !
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Awesome work Max. Solves my issues with it. Just need to fiddle around a bit to find my settings but so far I'm enjoying not getting a massive rumble each time I take a berm. Ramps up much better now it seems. Using [0.5-4] x 50% right now as a basis and it's more subtle. Actually gives you a sensory feedback when you are pushing it too. Great! Thanks again!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

HornetMaX

Cool. Let me know if you think something needs to be tunes (e.g. lower/higher ranges for the parameters).

HornetMaX

v2.0.6a out (2017/02/17):

• Changes for GPB beta11 and WRS beta11.
  • No changes for KRP and MXB.