• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:34 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Thanks for the feedback!

They'll get updated, that's for sure. I don't think I'll leave them out though, because I like some crowd on an AMA track. If done right it can look very cool and feel a lot more realistic than without any crowd.

If you don't like them, you could just turn of the 3d grass in your games settings and you won't see them. :)

Ruubs

Some more work on objects. I'll release all objects which I used once the track is finished.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good.. I do agree with gdub about the people though.

But as you know, I prefer the idea of having an 'open to the public' version of a track over an AMA style one.

Keep it up! Let me know how you get on with the trees.. I'll be posting my DDS settings once I've had a bit more time to experiment. Remember, they look fine in mapview, it's in game that the artifacts start to pop out..

philiaN

Ruubs

Quote from: philiaN on September 18, 2016, 10:43:14 PM
why? looks awesome!
Thanks! Could be better tho :/ Still getting used to using masks for texturing.

Ruubs

Exactly! haha

After getting some feedback from a beta I send around I know what to do next. The main problem is that the trackpath is hard to see. I already darkened the ontrack textures but it's still hard to see where to go. I have some other ideas on how to make it better though! :)

When that's done I have to finish up the textures and objects and it's done, I guess.

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on September 18, 2016, 10:40:35 PM
I hate texturing.

I still think it's the single most rewarding thing you can do when building, as you see the effects directly (always check it out with the skydome and correct lightning, I found these to have a huge influence on the outcome). And your pic looks great !

Layering for deformation though... ouch.

And regarding the path: try to add some grass around maybe, it is surprisingly helpful.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Thanks Asdrael!

I hate texturing, but I love it to bits as well. When you finally get something good it feels soooo great. Even though that requires hours of hard work (well... for me it does). I always use one file in PS with just plain dirt colors which match my in game dirt. I use masks on every dirt layer inside photoshop. That way I can easily see how good my textures look from the top view. Still, you can get a very different effect in Mx bikes because of lighting, slightly different colors etc.

I liked making the heightmap much more than the textures so far. First time actually making a great heightmap in my opinion.

Asdrael

Hum. I don't want to derail too much but don't forget that tiling in the HMF (how many times you reproduce your texture tile on your map) has a big influence, that you might overlook tiling in photoshop.

In case it helps, as a rule of thumb, in PS I normally modify contrast and brightness of one layer to build the others, and aim for at least a "20" difference. So either +20 brightness +0 contrast, +10 - +10, etc. Enough to distinguish, not enough to feel out of place (I think). Actually, I think 90% of my textures are the base "dirt" texture with different image settings and/or tiling ;) (and don't forget to change the tiling values in you texture folders to match the HMF too... happened to me more than once).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Thanks for the tips.

Actually using the brightness and contrast as well for Southwick. I have 4 the exact same dirt layers, but just a little bit darker or lighter. Actually way more than the +20 you're talking about. I think I even used 100 on one.. Don't know how, but doesn't look too weird to me haha :)

The last thing I'll do before releasing the track is checking everything 10 times. Just like what you're talking about, that's such an easy thing to forget! :)

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on September 19, 2016, 01:18:06 AM
Ya well release it and maybe (most definitely) it will take place of archview on next series :)
That's great! Never liked how archview rides.

I LOVE this berm!

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looks good, sorry I missed your 50 steam messages! Was asleep on the sofa lol

I tried the beta you sent, will pm you later when I get a minute.

Ruubs

Thanks guys!

Sorry for the spam Fats  ;D ;D