• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:42:35 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P0isn

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 30, 2016, 09:30:00 PM
The idea is a small enduro course through a dutch forest. I'll not make big bumps/ruts as I want the deformation to do it's work. I also added logs and tires for some Endurocross type stuff (it doesn't work in MXB yet, but it might work after a few updates). There's also a farm land, which is a typical dutch enduro thing.

Tractor model isn't mine.
When will this be available? i was born in holland so would be amazing to ride :)

Ruubs

I'll see if I can improve it a little bit. Still doesn't really feel like a dutch forest IMO. Neither is it much fun. I think the fun will come once online and deformation are fixed.

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 06, 2016, 01:22:43 PMStill doesn't really feel like a dutch forest IMO.

It's difficult making the "Kaassouffle" smell in a videogame ;) Then again, the only experiences I have with dutch "forest" is the Haagse Bos and around Madurodam :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on November 06, 2016, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on November 06, 2016, 01:22:43 PMStill doesn't really feel like a dutch forest IMO.

It's difficult making the "Kaassouffle" smell in a videogame ;) Then again, the only experiences I have with dutch "forest" is the Haagse Bos and around Madurodam :p
Hahaha
Indeed it's difficult! I can get sounds from people eating Kaassouffle if you really want it ;D

Asdrael

I prefer the wonderful sound of tourists biting into a Vleeskroket right out of the frying oil and burning themselves with no clue what's going on. And having a helpful dutchman pass by and say in perfect english "Yes, you need mustard with that".
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on November 06, 2016, 02:20:42 PM
I prefer the wonderful sound of tourists biting into a Vleeskroket right out of the frying oil and burning themselves with no clue what's going on. And having a helpful dutchman pass by and say in perfect english "Yes, you need mustard with that".
Hahahahaha I'll what I can do! ;)

Ruubs

It'll probably look a lot different than the previous pictures. But this is the dutch forest enduro so far.

BadStar

Really neat Sand!! I'm excited!

Can you release an xr450 or wr450.. exc? lol
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Would love to see more, like a video for example, but it does look a bit dark to me. Might just be my phone though..

Ruubs

Quote from: BadStar on November 06, 2016, 08:19:17 PM
Really neat Sand!! I'm excited!
Thanks!

Quote from: TheFatController on November 06, 2016, 08:42:50 PM
Would love to see more, like a video for example, but it does look a bit dark to me. Might just be my phone though..
The sunny weather is too dark yes. Cloudy is good tho. I'll see if I can change some settings.

Ruubs

November 07, 2016, 01:18:16 AM #281 Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:30:15 AM by Sandbiter
I don't think I can change the shadow strenght, can I? Sunny weather looks great, but it's hard to see where to go when you don't know the path. In cloudy weather it's easier to see where to go. Track is note done though. I'll still add some tape and arrows. Also having some problems with some trees.. Some trees's norms are inverted, not every tree tho.. probably like 5-10 maybe. Finding these 10 trees with 1187 trees isn't going to work. Normal modidier with the 'unify' setting doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
Having a LOT of fun with the cloudy weather tho! Would be awesome to ride online with collisions.

Little comparison, sunny (1st) vs cloudy (2nd). The rest are all cloudy:

Asdrael

Looks like great fun.

It's realistic too - sunny riding in woods that are semi-dense is hell, you get blinded all the time and it's very difficult to anticipate and see terrain coming up. It's much easier when it's cloudy.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Thanks!

You're actually right about that. Didn't even think about it until now. I'll keep it like this.
I'll try and finish the track today.

Braap570

Looks awesome Sand. Cool to see ppl with so much Effort to increase this game with awesome Content! 👌