• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:32:46 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'm sure it's fine.. I used some very high poly 3d trees on Tnmx that I used on an unreleased track and riding underneath a dense bit of forest was great as the sun really broke through the leaves.. But I guess you don't get that so much with 2d X trees.

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on November 07, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
I'm sure it's fine.. I used some very high poly 3d trees on Tnmx that I used on an unreleased track and riding underneath a dense bit of forest was great as the sun really broke through the leaves.. But I guess you don't get that so much with 2d X trees.
Ye these trees are pretty simple. 6 planes with the tree textures. I have a 3d modelled bark tho haha. I'm sure having some better trees like your look awesome. I'm too lazy to model them tho, and it'll take years to get those exported once you've almost 2000 of them.

I'll see if I can change up the alpha mapping a bit. Maybe I can get some sun breaking through the leaves.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well the ones I used were very heavy.. By that I mean they were from the sketchup warehouse. MXB hates SU models, maybe because they use double sided planes, either way the trees on Tnmx were the limit. When I added one more it crashed fbx2edf lol.. X shape are far better

BadStar

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 07, 2016, 01:18:16 AM
I don't think I can change the shadow strenght, can I? Sunny weather looks great, but it's hard to see where to go when you don't know the path. In cloudy weather it's easier to see where to go. Track is note done though. I'll still add some tape and arrows. Also having some problems with some trees.. Some trees's norms are inverted, not every tree tho.. probably like 5-10 maybe. Finding these 10 trees with 1187 trees isn't going to work. Normal modidier with the 'unify' setting doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
Having a LOT of fun with the cloudy weather tho! Would be awesome to ride online with collisions.

Little comparison, sunny (1st) vs cloudy (2nd). The rest are all cloudy:

Beautiful!!!

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Thanks Badstar!

I think you messed up your quote tho! haha

Asdrael

btw Sandbiter, just throwing it out there: if you plan on using heavy deformation, be very carerful with the maps for textures and materials. Having too big of a transition (from 100 to 0 for your different surfaces) can look ugly and feel unnatural. You're better off making the surface transitions sharp, even when sand is involved.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

November 07, 2016, 10:59:32 PM #291 Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:02:39 PM by Sandbiter
Thanks Asdrael.
I know I said my plan was to let the deformation do it's work, but I've ridden some tracks with deformation and I changed my mind. Also my track is rough enough already haha

I've added some small ruts in a couple of corners, but not many at all.

Also the track is lagging already.. and I don't even have all the objects placed yet :/ I've deleted one texture, I don't really need it anyway. I'll see if that changed it, otherwise I'm kinda screwed haha.

Can't believe I made 99% of this in two days. Today was a lot of trial and error with ruts, and object placement.

Asdrael

I don't know if I made myself clear - the texture and material map is a transparency map as you know. I meant that having too many pixels in between 0 and 100% opacity (so having the sand "drag on" for too long on dirt for example) gives wierd textures layering effects.

And on the lag - I found that 4k heightmaps are a game destroyer. I'd say anything above 2k is useless too in terms on 3D détails for the game atm.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Ohh I think I get you know. Thanks! Will look into it.

I've actually never used a 4k heightmap in Mx Bikes. I've tried 4k texture maps on Southwick but changed them to 1k and 2k maps eventually. Everything on my enduro track is 2k, heightmap and textures.

Vortex_Damien

Really diggin it! maybe a bit more elevation? seems a bit flat.. cant wait to shred it! ( i will be making my crf a enduro version now )

Asdrael

Quotemaybe a bit more elevation? seems a bit flat.

Welcome to the Netherlands  ;D
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: Asdrael on November 08, 2016, 01:19:39 AM
Quotemaybe a bit more elevation? seems a bit flat.

Welcome to the Netherlands  ;D
I Live in florida and i feel like we have more elevation xD.. but on a real note the track does look really good!

Ruubs

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on November 08, 2016, 12:54:45 AM
Really diggin it! maybe a bit more elevation? seems a bit flat.. cant wait to shred it! ( i will be making my crf a enduro version now )
Thanks! Can't wait for the CRF either :)

To be honest with you, it doesn't really feel like a Dutch enduro anymore cuz of the elevation already :-\

Ruubs

If anyone is interested I could possibly make a tutorial on how to make such an enduro track. Most of the track was done in one day. It really isn't hard to make a track once you know good techniques.

So, who's interested?

I'll help out Laurents first with getting terrain working on his WRS tracks tho! :)

Vortex_Damien

Would be nice to see some more tutorials out there.. great to see other people's workflow