• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:09 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

Quote from: GDUBMX on October 29, 2017, 09:27:33 AMi just hope beta 7 brings that super deep sand traction feeling

well Lierop and Mantova has basically the same exact soil so..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good gio. Have you done any trees yet?

Also if those barriers use alpha, make sure they have the ck prefix for sorting. Right now it looks like the one behind is in front.

giopanda

yep, i see the glitch and i was actually just trying to make them work in game i didn't even bothered to check the naming, but thanks for the remainder!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Np dude, looks great can't wait to ride it!

giopanda

October 29, 2017, 09:53:44 AM #499 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:01:38 PM by giopanda
me too actually :D
and no didn't do any tree yet but i plan to make something low poly similar to what sandbiter did to keep the poly count as low as possible since there will be tons of trees here, and maybe a couple different treewalls to cover big areas

edit:
last update for today.
planting some trees and more stuff.
i know those hay bales looks like wooden boxes now, they'll be better!

and i also fixed the CK_ prefix for the glitching alphas!

Mace-x

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah looks good man. Did you get any white halos around the trees?

giopanda

Quote from: тғc on October 29, 2017, 06:44:28 PM
Did you get any white halos around the trees?

just a tiny bit if you really get close..otherwise all the alphas are working correctly!
how useful would it be to make objects collidable?

GDUBMX

Ah man Gio, so refreshing to see some new content creators again.. its giving me the fire to start up some projects again.  Those track texture quite possibly look some of the nicest ive seen! super hi def
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

I would suggest making everything colidable, except the white ribbons around the track. It looks awesome by the way!

(I have tomorrow and Wednesday off, let me know if you need a hand or some testing. You can find me on the Discord channel starting tonight).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

That looks sick Gio! Awesome work. :o

giopanda

October 31, 2017, 01:09:45 PM #506 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:11:20 PM by giopanda
Quote from: GDUBMX on October 30, 2017, 10:29:09 AMits giving me the fire to start up some projects again.  Those track texture quite possibly look some of the nicest ive seen! super hi def

c'mon do it! :D

those textures are the ones i used back in mxsim days..if i remember correctly.

Quote from: Asdrael on October 30, 2017, 10:53:50 AM
I would suggest making everything colidable, except the white ribbons around the track. It looks awesome by the way!

(I have tomorrow and Wednesday off, let me know if you need a hand or some testing. You can find me on the Discord channel starting tonight).

everything is collidable now, except trees (i don't want people to be trapped) and the ribbons.
no testing needed yet, i'm still placing objects.
as soon as i'm done with them i'll be on the dispmap and will definitely need help with that and traction and deformation :D

btw, when should i stop placing trees?
right now they're all using the same texture but i plan to use 3 in total..but they won't be 3 times as many.
is there any limit before performance drop or is what i read that dosn't matter how many polys, performance decrease with too many textures?

edit: trees are as low poly as possible, two planes for the trunk and 3 for the leaves..does they look good enough? texture looks crap i know, i'll try to fix it!

Asdrael

Honestly no idea. I'm thinking trees are fine - textures should be loaded only once per model, and I guess they are either 2 planes, 4 planes, or 4 planes and a 4 sided trunk? That's negligeable compared to terrain and bikes.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

They were the halos I was talking about around your cutout. It's annoying because it shouldn't be a problem, and doesn't happen from every angle, but for the most part looks awful.

This thread might help http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4890.msg74465#msg74465

Ruubs

October 31, 2017, 03:30:59 PM #509 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:33:16 PM by Sandbiter
That looks really good Gio! Love seeing Lierop in game. I've never been there IRL, but for some reason it's just one of my favourite tracks. Bummer it got closed down. >:(

I know you said you're not done with the trees yet, however I just want to point this out before it's too late.
Those trees you have at the moment don't really look like trees that I've even seen here in The Netherlands. I think lierop has a mix of pine and oak trees, with the pine trees being in the majority.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about performance too much. This game can handle a lot. It's way better performance wise than Mx Simulator.

Not sure if you know, but I have actually released my trees and shrubs. Feel free to use them! :)
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1712.0

I still want to upload more of my track objects. All objects are thrown into lots of different folders though. It's a mess and it's a pain to sort everything out...