• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 20, 2016, 09:37:58 AM #255 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:39:31 AM by TFC
No idea here.. Don't think I've ever had that problem. How have you made things? I.e when I do tracked I:

Make a centerline, start with straight, end with curve, close, merge.

Then I view race data, set a finish line, hit the splits button, put a couple of CPs in, view pits and place them where I want, then view grid and place it where I want.

Don't forget to press the 'MX-Bikes' button where available when editing the rdf.

If something's gone wrong, you may need to just start over with CL and the RDF, but for a basic setup to get testing working should only take 5 mins.

Oh, you're not using the pit area mask are you? While riding in the mask area If you crash you will always respawn in your designated pit spot. If you are using it and maybe copied it from some example track you can either reshape the mask to fit your track or you can just delete it and remove it from your hmf and tht. That way when you crash in the pit you respawn on the nearest part of the centerline.

The same goes for area start I believe.

BadStar

November 20, 2016, 02:45:24 PM #256 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:53:04 PM by BadStar
Quote from: TFC on November 20, 2016, 09:37:58 AM
Oh, you're not using the pit area mask are you? While riding in the mask area If you crash you will always respawn in your designated pit spot. If you are using it and maybe copied it from some example track you can either reshape the mask to fit your track or you can just delete it and remove it from your hmf and tht. That way when you crash in the pit you respawn on the nearest part of the centerline.

This must be it!!!   Going to try it now, thx!

Update: That was it! I never removed the info from the tht.. thanks for all your help!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I have a question, perhaps someone with some Blender experience could answer?

I'm trying to make a heightmap with Blender. I'm doing this because the objects rely on being built at the same time as the terrain for perfect 1:1 alignment.

I've exported my heightmap the same way Geo does in his tutorial, I've got the scale set in my HMF & THT exactly the same as the mesh size in Blender, but it appears to be slightly higher than the objects sitting on it.

It's very hard to find anything online about this, but from what I have found it could be related to the way Blender handles the black (alpha) to white interpolation.

Anyone tried this? Had any luck? Any ideas?

Thanks ;D

Asdrael

I'm not sure how you have your heightmap, but at some point there is a mixup between "theoretical max height (100% opaccity)" and "actual max height (your max opacity on the heightmap, which can be below 100%)". Might want to check this. A good way to check is to include a 0% and a 100% reference point in the heightmap.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You may be right, after more digging it seems that when you create a displacement map from a mesh in Blender you never get true 0 or 255, and a 0 and 255 pixel will be completely absent from a resulting heightmap.

Damn.. This is frustrating lol

BadStar

Anyone know why I lose 3d grass when I go into replay (on my track "BadStar's Residence")

As soon as I use replay it disappears and stays gone even when returning to ride more.

Does this happen to anyone else and do you think it has to do with layers? Maybe because I have another mask/layer conflicting with the 3d grass?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

All I can tell you badstar is to go ride Paleta v2, ride up on top of one of the tables and check out the awesome job I did of making dozer tracks.. (jk, I am more modest than that)..

Stay where you are on top of a table, go to replay and then back to the track and watch all those awesome looking dozer tracks become a horrible brown mess..

My guess is that the replay mode lowers the texture quality but then it remains lowered until the track is reloaded.

Would need pib for an official explanation of course, and also can't account for grassfx disappearing.. But something definitely changes.

BadStar

Interesting, thx for the reply. So it may be a bigger issue than my noobness lol
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Well.. I decided to move the 3d grass down a layer and test it every time (was thinking it has something to do with the layers..

I got all the way down to layer0 and now it works in replay.. odd, guess I will keep the 3d grass on layer0
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

So what's the bare minimum to get a track "race" to operate proper.?

I have

center-line
start/finish
checkpoints
splits
pits
grid

off track area
start area
pit area

but still no option to race?

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 05, 2017, 09:59:16 PM #265 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:06:26 PM by тғc
Wow haven't posted in here for a while!! So I was working on Unadilla. In the current build I have heightmap done, textures done, surfaces done, deformation working sweet, objects 80% done.

This worked fine in Beta 6 fine, but while the track loads up in Beta 7 and allows me to free roam in replay mode, it crashes the second I try to 'go to track'.

I've tried everything I can think of. Changing the surface type you spawn on from gravel to soil, levelling the area so it's 100% flat, rebuilding the RDF, removing the scenery, removing all layers down to 1...

PiBoSo: Has anything changed to do with track editing we should know about?

Anyone else: Can't remember what makes your game crash when you spawn on the track, it's been a long time since I had that problem. Any ideas welcome..

PiBoSo

Quote from: тғc on November 05, 2017, 09:59:16 PM
Wow haven't posted in here for a while!! So I was working on Unadilla. In the current build I have heightmap done, textures done, surfaces done, deformation working sweet, objects 80% done.

This worked fine in Beta 6 fine, but while the track loads up in Beta 7 and allows me to free roam in replay mode, it crashes the second I try to 'go to track'.

I've tried everything I can think of. Changing the surface type you spawn on from gravel to soil, levelling the area so it's 100% flat, rebuilding the RDF, removing the scenery, removing all layers down to 1...

Anyone else: Can't remember what makes your game crash when you spawn on the track, it's been a long time since I had that problem. Any ideas welcome..

Is there any old setup applied on the bike? Please check in the garage.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2017, 10:24:44 PM
Quote from: тғc on November 05, 2017, 09:59:16 PM

Is there any old setup applied on the bike? Please check in the garage.

Bingo!!

Thanks for that, spot on  8)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

One more thing.. What's the difference between groove and deformation?

PiBoSo

Quote from: тғc on November 05, 2017, 10:59:05 PM
One more thing.. What's the difference between groove and deformation?

Groove builds up on asphalt / concrete only.