• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 RMZ 250/450 Release V1.6

Started by Vortex_Damien, June 05, 2016, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Once again, thank you! Love the bike, it's great!

Also, can't wait for gdub's graphics (and any others)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

The 250 is my best go to race bike now!

The 450 seems like it has a few issues but I am one of the ones who claim the 450's have issues to begin with in this sim..

However, the rm450 especially noticeable on GH, seems to have a strange floating front end issue.. like wheel base or something.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on June 05, 2016, 12:04:30 AM

Here is the release for my 2016 RMZ model. still not all the way done. need to fix the shading errors and mess with the geom some more. Feedback is always appreciated.

v1.1 Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0un7cuiuxo11ex3/bikes.rar
v1.2 Link : https://mega.nz/#!a9gmDaiD!SxqdeTAh4B_RhYr_nbs_CMXRzEoYt6QBZ5Ww4Ll2qLc * Updated Geom Files / Mud Layers *
*******UPDATE 6/6/2016 ********

Download the cutout for graphics. my template is not complete so that is why it is not released. simply unpack the stock graphics for a .tga of the template and use that please. V2.0 should have a template release.

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/VEM3Xl1P/file.html
]

Huge thanks to
Ike ( TheFatController ) for feedback and helping me on getting a normal map setup
StoneRider for setting up the model for us to enjoy
Ankle o' Steel for setting up the model aswell and countless weeks of me spam messaging him questions
Gary ( GDUBMX ) for feedback and getting me to start the model

Consider donating  8)
paypal.me/damiendesmond

Vortex_Damien

ChrisK

pacopastor34

Did you replace the suspension with an older and broken one? Nah, I'm joking, IMO it's too lower on the rear.

StoneRider

i did it paco, i just made the swingarm match with the frame like it was modeled. that doesn't choke me... ^^ and it doesn't wheelie anymore

pacopastor34

Quote from: StoneRider on June 13, 2016, 09:42:52 PM
i did it paco, i just made the swingarm match with the frame like it was modeled. that doesn't choke me... ^^ and it doesn't wheelie anymore

NOOOOO! haha, I already solved wheelies with the smooth!! A bit weird but i like it.

StoneRider

well.. in fact... may be you're right. it's low.. ^^ i just made the tie rod match in fact

pacopastor34

Quote from: StoneRider on June 13, 2016, 09:56:46 PM
well.. in fact... may be you're right. it's low.. ^^ i just made the tie rod match in fact
It's too low my friend. What about animating brake and clutch levers? I can tell you how to do it in 3d Max. It's so easy.

StoneRider

don't forget to upload the new one Geo... :)

Asdrael

After riding it a bit, I noticed (that beside it's too low), it has a very strong tendency to lift the front high on every jump if you keep the throttle open on a jump face. I tried fiddling with the setup (compression rebound mostly) but couldn't get rid of it totally. I have to rear brake tap like a mad man all the time to keep it level. I suppose it has to do with the current swingarm/pivot and why it also is very low.

Side note: the handlebar is chrome, not yellow ;)

Great job on the moddeling though, it looks pimp and everything aside from the rear suspension is great.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on June 15, 2016, 11:50:34 AM
After riding it a bit, I noticed (that beside it's too low), it has a very strong tendency to lift the front high on every jump if you keep the throttle open on a jump face. I tried fiddling with the setup (compression rebound mostly) but couldn't get rid of it totally. I have to rear brake tap like a mad man all the time to keep it level. I suppose it has to do with the current swingarm/pivot and why it also is very low.

Side note: the handlebar is chrome, not yellow ;)

Great job on the moddeling though, it looks pimp and everything aside from the rear suspension is great.

I forgot to say that, totally agree with the tendency to go back on all the jumps. I'm not an mx rider IRL but I think usually you have to pull back a bit the handlebar. Isn't it?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

In my small experience of real life motocross and much bigger experience of dirt jumping bmx and mtb, you try and keep your body in line with the ground at all times, so up the face of a jump you'd actually lean forward slightly..

BadStar

Fats is correct. Your body is slightly forward of the pegs, not necessarily leaning forward but forward on the bikes center/pegs.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime