• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

NEW- AMA Outdoor National Pack - All National Tracks *Project On Hold*

Started by GDUBMX, April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Right guys, we need some volunteers who can commit do some hard work over the next few months.

Me and Damien are creating the entire roster of AMA Nationals besides Glen Helen, Washougal and Budds Creek.redbud and Southwick

So far we have done,nearly finished and WIP

Southwick 2016 - Sandbiter - DONE

Budds Creek 2013/14 - Piboso/Snappe - DONE

Glen Helen 2015 - Vortex_Damien,TFC,GDUBMX - DONE

Washougal 2016? - Piboso/Snappe -DONE

RedBud National 2016 - TFC - DONE

Highpoint Raceway 2017 - GDUBMX,Vortex_Damien,Sandbiter - DONE

Muddy Creek Raceway 2016 - Vortex_Damien,GDUBMX,Phillian- 99%

Spring Creek MX 2017 - Vortex_Damien,GDUBMX - 99%

Unadilla MX 2017 -TFC - 90%

Hangtown MX 2017 - Vortex_Damien,GDUBMX - 0%

Thunder Valley 2017 - Vortex_Damien,GDUBMX - 0%

Ironman National 2017 - Vortex_Damien,GDUBMX - 0%

Currently we have it setup where i get the initial geo location and heightmap data going then Damo starts the track layout and textures, we are both tweaking the textures though between us as we live in UK and USA, when i go to bed he does tweaks then packs it up ready for me, when he goes to bed i make tweaks and do the same.

All tracks will have proper deformation layers and be rough as hell, we are trying to break away from the smooth carpet covered tracks we have gotten used too.

We need somebody like you Sands :) to get a generic national object pack going with fences/banners, sponge bobs,track markers etc. that can be used on all the tracks.

If you think you can bring something else to this project to speed it up then by all means please help out, it would be awesome for us to have a full national series to race and to have a full cycle on a server!

Please let us know your thoughts and ideas and jump on board this project, we have always talked about it for a long time. lets make it happen!!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Sounds really cool guys! I'll definitely help out with objects :)

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM
Me and Damien are creating the entire roster of AMA Nationals besides Glen Helen, Washougal and Budds Creek.
So you're remaking Southwick?  :-[

Midbeck

This project is awesome! Would be kind of cool to have a practice version and race version of the track, not that the track itself has to change but we could have the race version with crowds of people filling the hills or is that even possible?
#DirtyEuro

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'd already volunteered to do Unadilla.. Please put my name up for that one 8)

Also, hopefully the 'Track Assets' thread will fill up with content, or could be used as a base to get universal track objects from  ;)

GDUBMX

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 17, 2017, 11:02:10 AM

Me and Damien are creating the entire roster of AMA Nationals besides Glen Helen, Washougal and Budds Creek.

No cheers for the edit reminder though mate.. Haha

Awesome Sands, feel free to start whatever you need to do and request what ever you need from us mate.

Fats, nice mate! Is that a full solo effort or do you want assistance? How close is redbud mate?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just about to start objects for Red Bud. Probably a week or so maybe longer but I don't get a lot of free time anymore :( Solo effort for nationals :)

GDUBMX

Quote from: TFC on April 17, 2017, 12:06:42 PM
Just about to start objects for Red Bud. Probably a week or so maybe longer but I don't get a lot of free time anymore :( Solo effort for nationals :)

ok mate sounds awesome! look forward to it and nice job on the assets thread bud

Ruubs

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 17, 2017, 11:54:08 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on April 17, 2017, 11:02:10 AM

Awesome Sands, feel free to start whatever you need to do and request what ever you need from us mate.
Southwick could maybe use a deformation update or wet textures. Not sure if wet textures work, and not sure how deformation works on the track (didn't really mind looking into it at the time).

Could you send me the heightmap? Has to be finished before I'll start putting banners on though.

Asdrael

I have a pretty"advanced" idea for deformation. If it works out, I will make a tutorial for it but it could be nice for Nationals. Semi natural breaking bumps etc.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Quote from: Asdrael on April 17, 2017, 04:16:04 PM
I have a pretty"advanced" idea for deformation. If it works out, I will make a tutorial for it but it could be nice for Nationals. Semi natural breaking bumps etc.

What do you need from us mate to do this? :) Sands is on objects as we speak

Ruubs

I had an idea for deformation as well. Not sure if it'll work though.

Remember my suggestion in the suggestions thread about deformation softness maps? Maybe this is possible already by having multiple layers of thickness in the THT file.

We all use it like this now:
sand
thickness 1.0

soil
thickness 0.2

What if we'll do:
sand
thickness 1.0
mask = thickness1.png

sand
thickness 0.5
mask = thickness2.png

We can then have some sort of thickness map. The deformation will make it's own braking bumps, since we can 'preset' where the bumps will be with the different amount of thickness in our thickness masks.

I hope I'm clear enough. If not, i'll draw some examples in PS.

Asdrael

I had the same idea Sandy. Playing with masks, thickness and mats.

Edit: It would require building the "roughness" map separately from the base trackmap. That's about it.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 17, 2017, 05:06:09 PM
I had the same idea Sandy. Playing with masks, thickness and mats.

Edit: It would require building the "roughness" map separately from the base trackmap. That's about it.
Awesome. Would be cool to try this out on Highpoint IMO. I'm pretty sure Damien still has a 'clean' heightmap.

GDUBMX

https://www.youtube.com/v/LLsWETozdV0

NORCAL

So the tracks will start rough and can't be 'groomed'? I thought that's what deformation is for? "Rough as hell" doesn't sound overly exciting, especcially if you can never ride a 'first practice' style track.