• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Quote from: TFC on April 17, 2017, 12:42:52 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on April 16, 2017, 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: Vortex_Damien on April 16, 2017, 12:15:22 AM
going for a new type of feel on the track, going to try to make the surface feel as real as i can, so i made bumps and ruts and all that in all over :) really rough but super fun! also textures are coming along

Our goal is to make it super rough and bumpy, so the technical riding doesnt come from hitting a rhythm the right way or a certain line combo, its from picking your way through using the smoothest lines, hopping certain ruts to get to the desired rut etc.  Damien took my original real data heightmap and totally re done the jumps,ruts etc. My original focus for this project was to bring a full national event with all the banners and bales etc :). A big undertaking but we are determined to make it work.
We wanna get the textures just perfect where you can clearly pick out the different lines and ruts, a big problem we see alot is those hidden inside ruts which you dont really know are there until you hit it and crash, we want to focus on picking them out to keep battles on the track alive.

I've taken a similar approach to Red Bud. I wasn't happy with the idea of spoonfeeding people lines as with heightmaps you end up with inside 'berms' not inside 'ruts'.

I constantly see people reviewing MX sim tracks referring to berms as ruts and I always find it odd lol..

What I've done with Red Bud, is make really low inside berms with no real curve or height (in some places probably the equivelent to 6 - 8 inches tall). At first they feel more like guides as where to ride, but after a few laps you get a real nice natural rut develop as the outer edge of the berm stays in tact the inside just gets deeper. Really easy to let your bike snap in to the rut and feels more amazing the deeper it gets :D

sounds awesome mate.. would love an updated beta haha ;)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

By deformation things I meant guidelines to have deformation work and look ok on national type tracks. I don't think I can be useful with anything else beside testing sadly
or I can do the .rdf...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Those are some serious textures geo lol.. Have you played around with deform yet or given thought to how that might work?

Side note, Red Bud is coming along nicely  8)

Braap570

Holy guacamolee! Looks awesome!! Cant wait to test the new tracks guys!
(Hopefully im back skinning a few paints in the next week... We have to move to an other house atm, so i have to work a lot atm.... )

Asdrael

It looks amazing indeed... do you plan on having the yellow posts trackside? I have a fetish for those.

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Lol.. Yes, there will be track markers..  and I'll put your name on one so everyone else knows not to go near it haha ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 21, 2017, 11:10:44 AM #441 Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:13:09 AM by TFC
Probably pushing 50 laps of deformation and can still make Laroccos Leap  ;D

Asdrael

How to politely say "FU man stop playing and just put object already so we can help you "test" deformation!"

... wups just did  ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK one more lol, then I gotta go to work :(

Twitch135

Damn TFC the Redbud track is looking awesome. Can't wait, keep up the good work everyone. ;D
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Alex

graphics are all on low but man those ruts got gnarly

Ruubs

Quote from: Alex on April 21, 2017, 11:16:51 PM
graphics are all on low but man those ruts got gnarly
Haha yep they did!
Still some tweaking to do. But it's a lot of fun already.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Latest update on the objects..

Asdrael

DAMN

We are going to have such a flood of new tracks in the upcoming week(s) :P
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Quote from: Asdrael on April 22, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
DAMN

We are going to have such a flood of new tracks in the upcoming week(s) :P

8)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />